• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current SNA at Kingsville - Send Questions

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Where can you find pleasure, search the world for treasure
Learn science technology?
Where can you begin to make your dreams all come true
On the land or on the sea?
Where can you learn to fly, play in sports and skin dive
Study oceanography?

PMPT

I just had a nice chat with a young man who I had the pleasure to coach in high school lacrosse and is finishing up as a Marine in Kingsville - from the time he started API/IFS to his winging next week it will be almost 3 years to to the day and he just selected Capt - he related to me that this is normal timeframe for jet guys these days. His selection options were interesting to me - Harriers, Legacy Hornets, F-35B and F-35C. (he puts in his dream sheet Monday). Interesting times!

interesting, the absolute reverse of most people haha.

PMPT

Kingsville has sped up significantly. Milton/Corpus are also pushing people out of the door extremely quickly. Meridian is still moving at an absolutely glacial pace however.

Birdbrain

pilot
Kingsville has sped up significantly. Milton/Corpus are also pushing people out of the door extremely quickly. Meridian is still moving at an absolutely glacial pace however.
Yea I take back what I said. I saw a picture of somebody I graduated Primary with (different squadrons same week) who went to Kingsville and he had wings on. I haven’t started Advanced yet.

Meyerkord

pilot
Yea I take back what I said. I saw a picture of somebody I graduated Primary with (different squadrons same week) who went to Kingsville and he had wings on. I haven’t started Advanced yet.
Holy crap, didn't we select out of Primary the same week? I'm almost halfway through the helo FRS now (and advanced took me over 9 months)

Last edited:

Birdbrain

pilot
Holy crap, didn't we select out of Primary the same week? I'm almost halfway through the helo FRS now (and advanced took me over 9 months)
Yea I think so man or at least consecutive weeks. After selection I didn’t class up for 7 months. I Jet took just over 9 months including Christmas leave.

That being said even if I knew all this was coming I still wouldn’t have changed my mind!

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I just had a nice chat with a young man who I had the pleasure to coach in high school lacrosse and is finishing up as a Marine in Kingsville - from the time he started API/IFS to his winging next week it will be almost 3 years to to the day and he just selected Capt - he related to me that this is normal timeframe for jet guys these days. His selection options were interesting to me - Harriers, Legacy Hornets, F-35B and F-35C. (he puts in his dream sheet Monday). Interesting times!

Interesting indeed. He obviously likes old school platforms- I didn't even know USMC was still selecting legacy hornets. He'll be lucky to get a tour out of that platform if he gets picked up for it.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Interesting indeed. He obviously likes old school platforms- I didn't even know USMC was still selecting legacy hornets. He'll be lucky to get a tour out of that platform if he gets picked up for it.
The 2019 Aviation Plan is the most recent that comes up in a search but it had the last hornet squadron going away some time after FY27

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
The 2019 Aviation Plan is the most recent that comes up in a search but it had the last hornet squadron going away some time after FY27

Yeah, I saw that too on a search. Presumably that means they're planning to take CAT-1s through FY23 or possibly later. With the USN completely out of the A-D Hornet business, I wonder how long the FRS is taking at VMFAT-101 these days?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
He did end up winging and selecting F/A-18C's out of Miramar.