• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current A-Pool/API students? Pathetic...or The Great Mustin Beach O'Club Thread

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I was told by my company officer ('99 grad, Prowler NFO) here at the academy to get a pair of brown shoes. I have them, and wear them with my khakis on Friday when I send my flight suit out for cleaning. I've asked both my CO and my practicum instructor ('02 grad, F-14/F-18 NFO) what the "rule" is. CO said wear them; practicum says it depends. I'd rather wear them as soon as I can with khakis.

I know I'm behind in the conversation, but I figured I would ask anyway. With respect to the instructors down at API, would they rather see new ENS/2ndLTs wearing the brown shoes or would said ENS/2ndLTs get a ration of shit for being "an individual" if everyone else is wearing black?

Um... Marines don't wear brown shoes.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you're done with being punished in A-Pool...yes, wear the damned brown shoes. Otherwise we instructors will just have to assume your heart really isn't in this Naval Aviation thing - least, not enough to invest $40 - and send you home.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Haha I meant I know what I was talking about in terms of too much time on one's hands!