• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Crossing the finish line... running, walking or crawling... (Reserve Retirement Process)

taxi1

pilot
Congrats! I can't believe it has already been 8 years since I last stuffed myself into a pair of khakis.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Now, 6 days after the fact, I remembered the title for this post and had to add something...

Wednesday February 1st was my first true day of retirement. Wouldn't you know it, I came down with the flu and had to cancel my retirement party for last Friday. I guess I literally crossed the finish line "crawling."

Mirage

pilot
Congrats!

Also, as a PSA, the Navy has rescinded it's policy of not involuntarily mobilizing reservists. 13xx's be warned, you'll probably get MOB'd at some point again if you're SELRES. VTU here I come.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Congrats!

Also, as a PSA, the Navy has rescinded it's policy of not involuntarily mobilizing reservists. 13xx's be warned, you'll probably get MOB'd at some point again if you're SELRES. VTU here I come.
Source?

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wonder what counts as “billet-based activation.” Of course it’s kind of moot, because who cares how ready you are for your billet if they’ve just fenced you off for 3-5 years by MOBing you anyway?

That was the whole point behind IA-to-Zero given 20+ percent of the force was in post-MOB dwell and untouchable. You can be Billy Badass all day long, but it doesn’t do the AC any good if they can’t touch you for 5 years.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Supposedly, says a former T-45 winging classmate of mine (who posted this info), this will be different than last time. NOSC selres beware

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Any recent gouge on what the IRR classes for points life is like? Asking for me.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pretty sure they kiboshed that. You’re only allowed to go IRR-ASP if you are within a service commitment (like the 8-year enlistment) or if you had over 16 years service by a certain date that’s way in the past. It’s SELRES or VTU-only for all intents and purposes now.