• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Crossing the finish line... running, walking or crawling... (Reserve Retirement Process)

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot

IF you accept promotion and then want out, you have to request to resign instead of retire.

Maybe I misunderstand the concept of the "fleet reserve", but what I'm talking to here is not folks looking at retirement.....rather folks looking to separate and re-affiliate with the USNR. For tacair 1310's, MSR normally ends up being within a few months of pinning O4. I'd guess squorch is on the right track, with respect to PERS business rule changes

borbchop

Related to this thread. Does anyone know how long it takes for your DD214 to be captured in ASOSH? I'm a reservist, looking to retire as soon as possible, but not until my points, that I've accumulated from my active time, are accounted for

Thanks,

AMGunner

Related to this thread. Does anyone know how long it takes for your DD214 to be captured in ASOSH? I'm a reservist, looking to retire as soon as possible, but not until my points, that I've accumulated from my active time, are accounted for

Thanks,

It will take at least 180 days. I had to do the same thing. I just called every few months to make sure they where still tracking it and it eventually got there.

lostSeaBee

SeaBee Memorial
I called NPC Customer Service at 1-833-330-6622 and was told that a current year verbal point capture was not able to be given. They gave me the point capture for the previous anniversary year. However, a ticket was opened to receive a copy of my statement of service. It was emailed to me the same day as the ticket. I have wanted to receive my statement of service by email for my entire 11 years in the IRR. This is great news.

borbchop

It will take at least 180 days. I had to do the same thing. I just called every few months to make sure they where still tracking it and it eventually got there.
UPDATE. My ASOSH was updated with my new points from my dd214 last month (oct). Surprisingly, it didnt take long at all.

chrispaul

NFO
None
I received what I am calling my "Sanctuary Letter" last year (during my 19th Year) informing me that I had 18 Qualifying Years and that, per the US Code that we have discussed in other threads on this Forum, I was allowed 3 Years to get my 20.

atmahan,
Can you point me to the posts where this sanctuary letter is discussed further? Thanks!

nodropinufaka

Anyone have insight on the retirement process?

What happens once approved in NSIPS by PERS?

do you get mailed anything? How do you get a retired ID?

nodropinufaka

I think you get a US flag, no?

Pretty sure you just wait until the IT system gremlins settle down after retiring, then show up to any DEERS/RAPIDS facility and get one.
That’s right. I heard you do get a flag.

so does pers just transfer you out of the reserves into retirement following the approved date?

I been around NOSCs long enough to worry that I’ll have to follow up somehow after that date of approval on NSIPS.

Like the time nosc sent certified mail to me in OCS for being UA to a urinalysis even though I was out o the reserves and on active duty