• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

SlickAg

pilot
This man’s interpretation of data from England hypothesizes that the virus starts to burn out once prevalence approaches 20%.

Also seems to give credence to the hypothesis that ~80% of the population seems to have some sort of immunity to this. Once it’s burned through the vulnerable population (those without T-cell immunity), much like AOC Mayo, it’s got no place else to go.

SlickAg

pilot
“One of the most vocal members of the scientific community discussing COVID-19’s HIT is Stanford’s Nobel-laureate Dr. Michael Levitt.

Back on May 4, he gave this great interview to the Stanford Daily where he advocated for Sweden’s approach of letting COVID-19 spread naturally through the community until you arrive at HIT. He stated:

If Sweden stops at about 5,000 or 6,000 deaths, we will know that they’ve reached herd immunity, and we didn’t need to do any kind of lockdown. My own feeling is that it will probably stop because of herd immunity. COVID is serious, it’s at least a serious flu. But it’s not going to destroy humanity as people thought.
Guess what? That’s exactly what happened. As of today, 7 weeks after his prediction, Sweden has 5,280 deaths. In this graph, you can see that deaths in Sweden PEAKED when the HIT was halfway to its peak (roughly 7.3%) and by the time the virus hit 14% it was nearly extinguished. (Shoutout to Gummi Bear on Twitter, a scientist who makes great graphs.)

How could Dr. Levitt have predicted the death range for Sweden so perfectly 7 weeks ago? Because he had a pretty solid idea of what the HIT would be.”

SlickAg

pilot
Some links from Dr. Michael Osterholm talking about how N95 makes are essentially the only useful protection against covid.

"I can tell you right now I don't believe that they play any major role in either preventing me from getting infected if I use it or if I am infected and don't know it. I don't have any symptoms. They don't protect those around me from using it."

SlickAg

pilot

Data is a little bit dated. Sweden was having a good year prior to Covid.

View attachment 26739
Perspective on excess deaths in the U.K.

“But let us look at the data. Compare this April with last and yes, you will find an enormous number of ‘excess deaths’. But go to the Office for National Statistics website and look up deaths in the winter/spring seasons for the past 27 years, and then adjust for population. This year comes only eighth in terms of deaths. So we ought to put it in perspective.”

Lots of other good points in there too, especially about the hierarchy of evidence.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Canadian physicians and health policy experts call for an end to major restrictions.

“The current approach to dealing with COVID-19 carries significant risks to overall population health and threatens to increase inequities across the country. Aiming to prevent or contain every case of COVID-19 is simply no longer sustainable at this stage in the pandemic. We need to accept that COVID-19 will be with us for some time and to find ways to deal with it.”

“Canadians have developed a fear of COVID-19. Going forward, they have to be supported in understanding their true level of risk, and learning how to deal with this disease, while getting on with their lives back to work, back to school, and back to healthy lives and vibrant, active communities across this country.”

“COVID-19 is a serious public health threat and will remain so until we have a universally available safe and effective vaccine or similar medical treatment. There have been many deaths due to COVID-19 and every single one represents a tragic outcome. However, in overall population health terms COVID-19's direct impact on premature mortality is small. While those under the age of 60 account for 65% of cases, they represent just 3% of deaths. With ready access to health services, severe outcomes can be averted in those who do not have pre-existing risk factors.”

“COVID-19 control must be balanced with basic human rights. People need to be empowered to make informed choices about their own lives and the level of risk they are prepared to accept. Universal public health measures are appropriate only when they are truly necessary, supported by strong evidence, and when there are no other alternatives.”

taxi1

pilot
I almost feel that if Covid-19 were deadlier, we'd have fewer deaths. We'd have done what it took to drive it to zero immediately. Instead, it's a slow bleed.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am in PHX. I don't know where these people are waiting in line 13 hours. Just doesn't past the smell test. True, it can be a lot better. My son has been exposed twice and tested twice for the virus and once for antibodies. He had to call around to find a place with openings. He called maybe 4 or 5 to find an opening. Once there he has still waited about a hour in an air conditioned office. Second time he walked to Urgent Care a block away and they tested him asap, no appointment. That was almost 2 weeks ago. His girl friend got tested by making a couple calls for an appointment 4 days away. Results are stupid slow. Both times about 10 days. Anyone having more trouble than that is an outlier by a wide margin and probably not too smart, or lying. 13 hours, I call BS.

Hair Warrior

Contributor

Ya know, a vaccine is - in essence - just a microdose of an inactive virus (either the same virus or a similar one, a la cowpox as a vaccine for smallpox).

If you are going about your life outside rather than isolating, science says you might become more resistant to coronavirus.