• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

SlickAg

pilot
Awaiting your research from Scandinavia...
This study is from France. Not Scandinavian like you wanted, but at least it’s European:

“Although this is a retrospective analysis, results suggest that early diagnosis, early isolation and early treatment of COVID-19 patients, with at least 3 days of HCQ-AZ lead to a significantly better clinical outcome and a faster viral load reduction than other treatments.”

This one is using data from New York but the research was led by a German doctor. It has NOT yet been peer reviewed:

“Risk stratification-based treatment of COVID-19 outpatients as early as possible after symptom onset with the used triple therapy, including the combination of zinc with low dose hydroxychloroquine, was associated with significantly less hospitalizations and 5 times less all-cause deaths.”

SlickAg

pilot
In this day and age, anything that you "seem to think" or want to allude to, you can find an article supporting it.
Sorry, it took me a while to realize that you might’ve been calling me out for not linking the article. I’m sure that wasn’t your intent but I’ll post it here anyway for everyone’s edification.

Money appears to be trumping medical wisdom in the recent enthusiasm for remdesivir based on just one study with modest results. One naturally wonders whether this may have anything to do with the fact that the “world’s largest asset manager,” BlackRock, owns the largest share of all Gilead stock at 8.4%. BlackRock’s influence in Washington, D.C., is legendary, and it recently was awarded the financial crown jewel of administering the Federal Reserve’s $4.5 Trillion COVID-19 loan bail-out program.“

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Fauci & CDC should just be honest with people and tell them that the only type of mask that truly works is this one:
ebola-outbreak-serum-dustin-hoffman-600.jpg

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Results from a CDC serology study done in south Florida in April...

This seems to jive with the Santa Clara study that was published in May. Sort of interesting to go back and read what we didn’t know back then. For example: “Because there is an annual vaccine, “not everyone is susceptible to the flu. Everyone is susceptible to COVID-19,” Noymer said. “These flu comparisons are missing the forest for the trees.””

Except now scientists believe around 80% of the population might be immune (the T-cell immunity). Also, everyone also said that the bounds of an IFR of 0.02-0.40% were WAY too low...
IFR 0.4% no, 0.02% yes. If you use NY as your 'burnout' population the lower bound for IFR is 0.35%, and the actual IFR is more likely around 0.5%-2%. However, IFR is also heavily dependent on the age distribution of the population.

The hospitalization rate and estimated PFR of 0.05-0.2% is what got everyone worried. The hospitalization rate was over estimated, but we're already at 0.04% PFR in 3 months, which is double the flu in one third the time. MIT's machine learning model predicts over 200,000 total fatalities by the end of October. Normally, vaccines and immunity keep that number an order of magnitude or two lower.

Last edited:

SlickAg

pilot
IFR 0.4% no, 0.02% yes. If you use NY as your 'burnout' population the lower bound for IFR is 0.35%, and the actual IFR is more likely around 0.5%-2%. However, IFR is also heavily dependent on the age distribution of the population.

The hospitalization rate and estimated PFR of 0.05-0.2% is what got everyone worried. The hospitalization rate was over estimated, but we're already at 0.04% PFR in 3 months, which is double the flu in one third the time. MIT's machine learning model predicts over 200,000 total fatalities by the end of October. Normally, vaccines and immunity keep that number an order of magnitude or two lower.
I understand what you’re saying.

~7,700 Americans die each day from all causes. So how many of those who die from covid would’ve died from something else in the same timeframe?

This is an interesting graph. Deals with Florida. Overall, your risk of death from covid is pretty much less than your overall risk of death period. No, this does not account for the future, including this spike in cases right now. However, deaths have been trending down nationwide.

exNavyOffRec

I understand what you’re saying.

~7,700 Americans die each day from all causes. So how many of those who die from covid would’ve died from something else in the same timeframe?
That is an interesting thought, I think it was said maybe here or maybe somewhere else that Sweden's overall death rate even with COVID is lower that it has been in previous years, of course many potential factors for that.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
That is an interesting thought, I think it was said maybe here or maybe somewhere else that Sweden's overall death rate even with COVID is lower that it has been in previous years, of course many potential factors for that.
I can see that. Sort of like how military fatalities actually went down during Gulf War ‘90-91 compared to peacetime levels.

taxi1

pilot
The data actually says Sweden is seeing a big increase in overall deaths.

Florida is too.

Lots of plots here. Or google on “excess death rate 2020” for lots of info.

SlickAg

pilot

Florida is too.

So I guess we’ll have to wait and see how the deaths rates are for the rest of 2020.

Obviously there will be a spike now, but are these spikes people who likely would’ve passed away from something else in 2020? Or is the virus disproportionately affecting young and otherwise healthy individuals? Yes it CAN, but the elderly and immunocompromised are the most at risk.

I don’t think there will be a clear consensus on the fallout from the virus and the ensuing responses for quite some time.

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot

Florida is too.

Would you say there is a plethora of plots?

Treetop Flyer

pilot

Florida is too.

Is it?