• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I think the train left the station on that a long time ago... or rather, the shitter left the stall and walked right past the sink and out the door, or did stop at the sink but did water only and skipped the soap, or... well, you get the idea.

I'm not a germophobe, not the kind of person who freaks out at every turn in public places, but there are a lot of disgusting mofos walking amongst us, I'm just sayin'.
I still maintain the dirtiest thing you touch in a public restroom is the door handle. If you only use the urinal, should you really need to wash your hands?
I get washing after dropping the kids off at the pool, you are handling fecal material when you wipe (especially given the single-ply John Wayne toilet paper on all the bases) but if the urinal is self flushing and you can manage not to piss on your hand, what need is there to wash?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I don't really want to touch other people's ball sweat when I shake their hand, that's why.

I agree on the door handle thing, and I do the paper towel open the door and then throw the paper towel in the garbage ninja maneuver.

nodropinufaka

I still maintain the dirtiest thing you touch in a public restroom is the door handle. If you only use the urinal, should you really need to wash your hands?
I get washing after dropping the kids off at the pool, you are handling fecal material when you wipe (especially given the single-ply John Wayne toilet paper on all the bases) but if the urinal is self flushing and you can manage not to piss on your hand, what need is there to wash?
Seriously.

Id argue your wiener is prob cleaner then most other body parts. Since it’s not exposed

Hair Warrior

Contributor
There’s a pickle and trickle joke in there somewhere :D

exNavyOffRec

I don't really want to touch other people's ball sweat when I shake their hand, that's why.

I agree on the door handle thing, and I do the paper towel open the door and then throw the paper towel in the garbage ninja maneuver.
Don't forget the air dryers that I believe mythbusters and other test found to just blow whatever is floating around the restroom right on your hands.

Mos

None
Erroneous. Google “sheath cleaning” if you want to see one of the less glamorous parts of horse ownership.

(cue @HAL Pilot with a picture of me demonstrating)
Oh, wow, had no idea. How often do you have to do it? I took your dare and found an article basically arguing that you don't need to do it very often at all. Just let your stallions be natural.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Flexibility, agility, strength, and stamina? Those are all key aspects of a healthy individual. Its not wrong to recognize people who are fit and healthy, especially in an age where that is increasingly rare.
There are many fit and healthy kids who can't do well on the test because of genetic development timing. Conversely, there are kids who do well because of the same reason. MLB can't even predict which 17-19 year olds will become major league all stars with any kind of accuracy because they're playing the genetic lottery with draft picks who won't peak for another 6-8 years.

Are you also against keeping score for children so no one's feelings get hurt? Why is it that we're so afraid of offending people by recognizing someone who has done well?
What does this have to do with the price of bread on a Sunday? Keeping score in a competition and issuing a test that depends highly on a child's genetics and has little to no formal preparation are not the same thing. The Presidential fitness test administered to pre-pubescent children just measures who won the physical genetic lottery at that time because schools don't have kids practice these events nearly enough to improve their performance.

Apparently Vox, the top search result, thought it was evil, or rather "sadistic," which is not surprising given the slant of media these days. I'm sure they also think its wrong to not give "free" healthcare to everyone despite no accountability of how that person treats their body.

https://www.vox.com/2015/4/24/8489501/presidential-fitness-test
Dude, get some help.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
There are many fit and healthy kids who can't do well on the test because of genetic development timing. Conversely, there are kids who do well because of the same reason. MLB can't even predict which 17-19 year olds will become major league all stars with any kind of accuracy because they're playing the genetic lottery with draft picks who won't peak for another 6-8 years.

What does this have to do with the price of bread on a Sunday? Keeping score in a competition and issuing a test that depends highly on a child's genetics and has little to no formal preparation are not the same thing. The Presidential fitness test administered to pre-pubescent children just measures who won the physical genetic lottery at that time because schools don't have kids practice these events nearly enough to improve their performance.

Dude, get some help.

Is your issue with the test simply that it wasn't fair?