• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Aaaaaaand I now have 300 coronavirus memes saved on my phone.

I still don't think we've hit Peak Meme. I don't believe Peak Meme exists.

taxi1

pilot
I posted last Monday...

We're at 417 today, so we're roughly tracking. With bi-weekly doubling, should be at 1700 by next Monday. Then 6800 the Monday following. After that, maybe the social distancing going on now will start to impact the growth rate? Hope so.
Well, it’s Sunday and we are already past 2,000 dead. Should be at around 10,000 by next Monday, based on doubling rate. But fingers crossed on social distancing.

My forecast is Florida will be slammed. Lots of older people and a really bad job of social distancing, even now. But maybe the warmer weather will help suppress it.

Jim123

pilot
Well, it’s Sunday and we are already past 2,000 dead. Should be at around 10,000 by next Monday, based on doubling rate. But fingers crossed on social distancing.
Amazingly, China is holding the line at ~80,000 cases confirmed with zero new cases in the last few days.

Jim123

pilot
Does anyone really believe that?

Can’t tell if that was sarcastic or not.
I am also unsure re: sarcasm.
Trust your instincts- green font is used for sarcasm in some internet dialects.

This leads me to another thought. (I mean China, not sarcasm or the internet.) Looking down the road, I'm wondering how bad the anti-Made in China consumer backlash is going to be.

exNavyOffRec

Trust your instincts- green font is used for sarcasm in some internet dialects.

This leads me to another thought. (I mean China, not sarcasm or the internet.) Looking down the road, I'm wondering how bad the anti-Made in China consumer backlash is going to be.

We have given up so much of our manufacturing to China that while people may want to not buy 'made in China" that will be hard to accomplish.

Jim123

pilot
We have given up so much of our manufacturing to China that while people may want to not buy 'made in China" that will be hard to accomplish.
Maybe, but there are some day to day choices. When I go to buy a new tool at the hardware store, there is usually a "Made in USA" choice and several "Made in China" choices... toys, some other consumer goods, and so on.

Other things, yeah, some things aren't going to change quickly.

exNavyOffRec

My forecast is Florida will be slammed. Lots of older people and a really bad job of social distancing, even now. But maybe the warmer weather will help suppress it.

It would be nice if they would put out date of actual death vice date death reported, that would give a clearer picture of how deaths are increasing.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I don’t believe numbers from China or Russia for a hot second. That’s the benefit of a repressed media and an authoritarian regime. You don’t test anyone, they can’t be positive.

Svetlana died of regular pneumonia, right?

Same with Lin Xi, right comrade?

We will “look worse” because the society demands access to the tests, and an open publishing of the results.

If you believe China has this virus “beat” or that Russia only has 1000 cases, I have waterfront property to sell you in Arizona...