• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Angry

NFO in Jax
None

There are other ways to accomplish that. I tuned my ECU recently - car now has 420hp at the crank (essentially what an RS4 would have if Audi would ever make one again) and now my wife refuses to drive it. Something about "how the fuck do you drive that thing slowly?!" Spoiler - you don't.

And yea I understand the purists who love to still use a manual gearbox. But in my opinion that's why you buy an older car. New cars should have the best technology - whether its for reliability or for speed. That's not a stick shift anymore, hasn't been for a few years now.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
There are other ways to accomplish that. I tuned my ECU recently - car now has 420hp at the crank (essentially what an RS4 would have if Audi would ever make one again) and now my wife refuses to drive it. Something about "how the fuck do you drive that thing slowly?!" Spoiler - you don't.

And yea I understand the purists who love to still use a manual gearbox. But in my opinion that's why you buy an older car. New cars should have the best technology - whether its for reliability or for speed. That's not a stick shift anymore, hasn't been for a few years now.

I want something fun. To me that means rowing my own gears. To each their own, 420 in an S4 sounds like a blast.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
New cars should have the best technology - whether its for reliability or for speed. That's not a stick shift anymore, hasn't been for a few years now.
I want something fun. To me that means rowing my own gears.
I agree with @scoolbubba. Reliability and speed are by no means the only two criteria. Lots of fun cars are not reliable. Just look at any Alfa Romeo. If you're content living in the burbs with your automatic paddle shifter and your AAA roadside assistance, that's cool. Some of us want to live life, though.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Covid19 sucks, don’t get it or the HIV.

il_794xN.1963062443_p9s8.jpg