• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
'18 Atlas. Wish my Alltrack had it. Can't recommend the Atlas enough for anyone else out there who (1) has too many kids, and (2) wife refuses to drive a minivan. I'll be towing ~2,000 lb from SD to Pax with it next week.

Nice. Next toy is an S4 or golf R. Not sure which yet, but the S4 has no M6 transmission option so it’s lagging the competition.

Back to your regularly scheduled epidemic.

taxi1

pilot
I'm digging my 2019 Alltrack. Previous car was a 20 year old Honda CRV.

I'm still working on the buttonology

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Nice. Next toy is an S4 or golf R. Not sure which yet, but the S4 has no M6 transmission option so it’s lagging the competition.

Can't go wrong with a GTI/Golf R. And it's sad but no cars in that segment (A4/A5, 3/4 series, C class) offer a manual anymore.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Can't go wrong with a GTI/Golf R. And it's sad but no cars in that segment (A4/A5, 3/4 series, C class) offer a manual anymore.
If you're looking for a hot hatchback, an R32 is the proper choice. Otherwise get a Lotus! Highly recommend!

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot

What's the new Audi with the monster I-5 engine? Does it not have a manual?

Very disappointing. I had a '17 Golf Wagen TDI with manual 6-spd before my Alltrack (loved that Dieselgate buyback money). The AWD is cool, and the DSG is nice when the Coronado traffic sucks, but it's just not the same without a manual.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
'18 Atlas. Wish my Alltrack had it. Can't recommend the Atlas enough for anyone else out there who (1) has too many kids, and (2) wife refuses to drive a minivan. I'll be towing ~2,000 lb from SD to Pax with it next week.

Nice to see PCS moves still going on. I assume you were already enroute when all this COVID crap exploded?

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Nice to see PCS moves still going on. I assume you were already enroute when all this COVID crap exploded?
On paper, yes. Detached DH Jan. Was TAD @ I-stop until yesterday. DOD/DON guidance doesn't specify that TAD in local area of last permanent command is any different than all other TAD, so I rolled with it.

If I were single, I might have tried to milk the paid vacation in SD as a syllabus-complete CAT Other.

Angry

NFO in Jax
None

I have a '19 S4 - car is awesome and you don't miss the manual. I've driven a stick since high school, and tbh the new gear boxes are better, faster, and more to drive. Plus, you know, paddleshifters.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
I have a '19 S4 - car is awesome and you don't miss the manual. I've driven a stick since high school, and tbh the new gear boxes are better, faster, and more to drive. Plus, you know, paddleshifters.
Nothing wrong with paddle shifters, they have their place. Automatics are great for daily driving through traffic.

But as a Lotus owner.....not only no, but hell no.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Lotus or Locost?

I recently just learned about Caterhams about the same time I saw Ford v Ferrari...now I'm hankering for an opportunity to build a kit car.
Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious

Don't wait for an opportunity to build one, create an opportunity!

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
So here's my question of the day: According to the Bing Tracker, California's "recovered cases" statistic has been sitting at 6 for at least a week. Is nobody recovering, are they just not testing for it, or something else?

exNavyOffRec

So here's my question of the day: According to the Bing Tracker, California's "recovered cases" statistic has been sitting at 6 for at least a week. Is nobody recovering, are they just not testing for it, or something else?

In might be that in ordered to be considered "recovered" you have to have 2 consecutive negative test, I don't know the time between test so maybe that is accounting for the delay?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor

I know the DSGs are better and faster than I can ever be, since I am a flawed human.

However, my wife can’t drive it if it’s a manual.