• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Thank goodness. This should have happened 4 mo ago (before the great re-masking).

I read an article the other day about a hotel cleaning person who was on 15 mo on unemployment, and she was dreading the end of unemployment bc she didn’t know if her hotel had a job for her. It’s like these people are living in some twilight zone where they exoect to be handed life on a silver platter, like they are owed something. Lady, c’mon, if you had 15 mo and no job, you could have learned basically any skill you wanted and changed your whole career. Learn a foreign language and become an interpreter. Learn to make and sell crafts on etsy. Learn to become an electrician, plumber, or roofer. Learn to operate a forklift or construction machinery. Literally pick any job in the world and start working toward it. She likely doesn’t have a college degree but obviously there are jobs out there that will pay for your college (and I don’t mean the military - lots of big companies, even in hospitality/food/travel industries).

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You are so far in the sand you can’t see the obvious. You aren’t worth debating when you state there’s no evidence despite hundreds of articles in dozens of languages talking anout the Wuhan lab.

And you are so fixated on seeing something that’s isn’t there you can’t cite a single credible article in those dozens of journals that claims that the virus was created in a lab, with you having to resort to citing an opinion piece by a pair of amateur virologists who are better suited at studying the stars.

He’s still all in on the lie. Somehow he didn’t notice his trusted news outlets and government agencies scurried away and left him alone.

What lie? What government agencies? Where’s the proof to the claim that this was created in a lab?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
And you are so fixated on seeing something that’s isn’t there you can’t cite a single credible article in those dozens of journals that claims that the virus was created in a lab, with you having to resort to citing an opinion piece by a pair of amateur virologists who are better suited at studying the stars.

What lie? What government agencies? Where’s the proof to the claim that this was created in a lab?
Do your own homework. It’s in this thread. Government, media, big tech went all in to suppress the likely origin of covid.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Some of us would rather hear what you think, not argue with others. Simply state your OPINION based on what you know, including your knowlwdge of how reliable and open the Chinese are. Do you think the virus was leaked from Wuhan, accident or otherwise, or do you think it came from an animal? I don't care if you win points in an argument. And I don't much think there will ever be proof. If you wish to equivocate, then state your standard. Beyond a reasonable doubt or preponderance of evidence. Because proof or not, there is evidence, although I am not quite sure what late evidence we have it wasn't leaked from Wuhan but China's word.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
And they wonder why people don’t trust them?

The confusion is that there are a non-zero amount of people and organizations these days who are treating CDC guidelines like actual government legislation (most frustratingly, the DoD). These are the same people who sometimes eat chocolate cake and may on occasion have more than 2 drinks in a single day.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's a thing on this thread? I posted in a thread that I only occasionally visit because of a particularly egregious claim that takes some of theorist conspiracy crap bouncing around the internet and mashes it together to come up with some nefarious theory that threads together all the of the worst bogeymen that people want to blame for this pandemic. A theory so ignorant on several levels that it is hard to know where to begin and debunk it.

But what do I believe? Here:

-COVD-19 is a serious threat to people worldwide, including to the military.
-Mask work, how well is debatable but they do work.
-Mandatory mask wearing isn't that big a deal, quit whining about it infringing on your 'freedom' (mandatory pants/shorts anyone?).
-Vaccines work and should be mandatory to the greatest practical extent.
-Mandatory COVID-19 mitigation measures like vaccines and masks help the military maintain its operational capability, and make sense. Period.
-Good riddance to those who refuse a mandatory vaccine in the military, maybe they can be the Georgia state Adjutant General one day.
-The virus isn't man-made.
-Public health professionals know a lot more about the virus, but certainly not everything, and what we should and shouldn't be doing about it than anyone on this thread. That includes me.
-Some people on this thread need some hobbies other than AW.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
-Mandatory mask wearing isn't that big a deal, quit whining about it infringing on your 'freedom' (mandatory pants/shorts anyone?).
I think some things get lost in the 'masks work' discussion...

1. It's masks work with social distancing. It's an and statment, not an or statement. The mask reduces your p-kill radius (to somewhere between 3-6'), and the social distancing makes sure that people stay out of that radius. I think we've lost sight of this relationship.

2. We are mandating masks in many environments where masks are required to be taken off, and that basically eliminates the point. Case and point - going to work in a DOD facility, but then de-masking for 30-60 minutes to eat lunch with the same co-workers you spent the rest of the day with. The same thing occurs with children at schools. Once that happens, wearing masks is stupid theater. Let alone the cases of taking the mask off to sip a cup of coffee or glass of water.

Both of these points illustrate why mask mandates have low correlation with COVID-19 spread. If we are actually going to follow the guidance, we would need to nearly eliminate the times we came within 3-6' of people and also eliminate taking masks off altogether in a public place, including to eat or drink. This obviously isn't practical, but many leaders refuse to acknowledge it.

Mirage

pilot
That's a thing on this thread? I posted in a thread that I only occasionally visit because of a particularly egregious claim that takes some of theorist conspiracy crap bouncing around the internet and mashes it together to come up with some nefarious theory that threads together all the of the worst bogeymen that people want to blame for this pandemic. A theory so ignorant on several levels that it is hard to know where to begin and debunk it.

But what do I believe? Here:

-Vaccines work and should be mandatory to the greatest practical extent.
-Mandatory COVID-19 mitigation measures like vaccines and masks help the military maintain its operational capability, and make sense. Period.
-Good riddance to those who refuse a mandatory vaccine in the military, maybe they can be the Georgia state Adjutant General one day.
-The virus isn't man-made.
-Public health professionals know a lot more about the virus, but certainly not everything, and what we should and shouldn't be doing about it than anyone on this thread. That includes me.
-Some people on this thread need some hobbies other than AW.
Guess you have all the answers man. Pretty impressive. You should explain to the intelligence community that the lab leak idea is a crazy conspiracy theory. Perhaps you can share the evidence with them that you aren't sharing here.

You're just one more person who thinks he has all the answers way before there is sufficient evidence to make any conclusions. There are plenty of those on both sides of this argument. And most every argument about most topics, frankly.

SlickAg

pilot
Guess you have all the answers man. Pretty impressive. You should explain to the intelligence community that the lab leak idea is a crazy conspiracy theory. Perhaps you can share the evidence with them that you aren't sharing here.

You're just one more person who thinks he has all the answers way before there is sufficient evidence to make any conclusions. There are plenty of those on both sides of this argument. And most every argument about most topics, frankly.

It’s not political, shipmate. You just have to agree with the Democratic Party’s talking points.

P.S. the Super Moderator of a forum on the internet is saying people need more/better hobbies. Lollllllllz.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

You're just one more person who thinks he has all the answers way before there is sufficient evidence to make any conclusions. There are plenty of those on both sides of this argument. And most every argument about most
Not a fair comment at all. I specify asked @Flash his opinion. That is what he offered. I think he is wrong on a couple points, but his opinions are defensible today even if they turn out to be wrong. Not much posted here is anything more than opinion and conjecture, but whoever is posting it is convinced they are right. Well, they just can't know that because the final chapter has not been written.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
P.S. the Super Moderator of a forum on the internet is saying
You are not chosen to be a moderator for being a prolific poster or being part of some team. If I remember, I was asked to be a moderator after barely 6 months on. I even took leave of visiting here for over a year at one point. Came back a moderator. No one told me these are the dudes we are picking on now.

SlickAg

pilot
You are not chosen to be a moderator for being a prolific poster or being part of some team. If I remember, I was asked to be a moderator after barely 6 months on. I even took leave of visiting here for over a year at one point. Came back a moderator. No one told me these are the dudes we are picking on now.
Oh, so once you become a super moderator, that’s when it’s okay to say this?

“-Some people on this thread need some hobbies other than AW.”

My point is that a dude in charge of deleting other people’s posts on an internet forum is telling other people on the internet to get more hobbies. If you can’t see the irony in this then I don’t know what to tell you.