• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
And that is unacceptable. The CDC is not interested in getting us back to normal. Not their job. Their charter/mission is categorically public health, in the broader sense, and in the case of a pandemic, virology. They are not qualified to judge the other interests in play. Imagine a 3 star making major decisions on the advise of just his N7 or or N1? That is what we have in our federal Executive. And it isn't just this Executive. Been going on for some time.
I'm not saying that I agree with it, I'm saying that's the reality of the situation.

Note that I just saw a base gym flyer where only fully vaccinated personnel can enter, but no masks are required.

BigLuvin

pilot
None
When you use the phrase "the government" you are demonstrating that you are a grade A dumbass. When you think that this non-existent entity is making decisions about the safety of the COVID-19 vaccine you are pants-on-head retarded. Stfu and get the vaccine.

(I promise I'll say 100 hail maries for using the forbidden R-word. But since I'm an athiest it's probably worth the toilet paper I wiped my ass with tonight).
Not sure who touched you but get off your high horse. When I say government, I'm not talking about some right-wing conspiracy of a secret society of people who sit in the dark trying to figure out how to fuck the American people. Government as in the US government. You have to be an absolute fool to believe pharmaceutical companies are not the biggest spenders when it comes to lobbying in Washington. That alone would lead you to critically think how much of an impact they have in DC and how that relates to this vaccine. STFU and either be happy with the choice you made or not but don't come at me all pissy because I don't agree with how any of this is playing out.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Not sure who touched you but get off your high horse. When I say government, I'm not talking about some right-wing conspiracy of a secret society of people who sit in the dark trying to figure out how to fuck the American people. Government as in the US government. You have to be an absolute fool to believe pharmaceutical companies are not the biggest spenders when it comes to lobbying in Washington. That alone would lead you to critically think how much of an impact they have in DC and how that relates to this vaccine. STFU and either be happy with the choice you made or not but don't come at me all pissy because I don't agree with how any of this is playing out.
So you think that the Pfizer vaccine was FDA approved because they have a big purse? Do you think the FDA operates like this under all products it endorses, or only Pfizer for this one time? Do you have any concrete evidence that the FDA short-circuited its normal approval process for a vaccine? Do you think Pfizer has resources that Moderna and J&J don't?

Do you have similar disagreements with the other myriad of vaccines you are required to take to be eligible for military service? What about the ones our kids have to take to even go to school? Do you spend hours researching the bowels of the internet to find the ~0.001% of complications that occur and vocally complain about them on social media?

Can we skip all of these rhetorical questions and get to the part where I call you retarded?

bcort

The only idiots are the people asking dumb questions and citing research they don't understand.
What are you talking about? This discourse was about if there is a legal difference to the FDA. What research needs to be done for that besides reading their document where they say the two are legally different.

There's no legitimate question about this because MTF's across the nation are setting up shot-ex's where the actual MDs make sure you get the one that's FDA approved. No government conspiracy and no need to spend hours digging into medical research that is beyond your level of understanding.
Do you have any source for that? Haven't seen anything from my command, tricare, or the VA saying as much so trying to see where you're getting that from. It would certainly simplify this process.

My personal opinion is that it shouldn't be necessary, but it's DOD policy to get it and it won't hurt outside of some arm soreness.

Wrong.
Why shouldn't they?

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
What are you talking about? This discourse was about if there is a legal difference to the FDA. What research needs to be done for that besides reading their document where they say the two are legally different.
At this point I'm lost as to what you're even concerned about, other than complaining for the sake of complaining.
Do you have any source for that? Haven't seen anything from my command, tricare, or the VA saying as much so trying to see where you're getting that from. It would certainly simplify this process.
Read your message traffic.

Why shouldn't they?
Why should they?

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
So you think that the Pfizer vaccine was FDA approved because they have a big purse? Do you think the FDA operates like this under all products it endorses, or only Pfizer for this one time? Do you have any concrete evidence that the FDA short-circuited its normal approval process for a vaccine? Do you think Pfizer has resources that Moderna and J&J don't?

Do you have similar disagreements with the other myriad of vaccines you are required to take to be eligible for military service? What about the ones our kids have to take to even go to school? Do you spend hours researching the bowels of the internet to find the ~0.001% of complications that occur and vocally complain about them on social media?

Can we skip all of these rhetorical questions and get to the part where I call you retarded?
Nothing to see here……
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/27/former-fda-commissioner-scott-gottlieb-joins-pfizers-board.html

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Are you implying that Dr. Gottlieb had the sole decision-making authority over the FDA approval of the Pfizer vaccine, and after doing so he jumped ship to reap the profits as a board of director with the company? Do you have any actual evidence to support that claim?

Are you implying that the federal government has no processes or levers to investigate this sort of thing?

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Ah so you can't read.

Their vaccine efficacy is trash at that point.
I can read just fine.

The vaccine efficacy is untested for long-term immunity, but that doesn't mean 'it's trash.' Your assertion that 'it's trash' is the same line of reasoning idiots are using against natural immunity. In fact, the resignations of some prominant FDA leaders was exactly over the premature notion that we need to administer booster shots to the public. But according to you, they're lining the pockets of big pharma so why are they acting against their self interests?

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Are you implying that Dr. Gottlieb had the sole decision-making authority over the FDA approval of the Pfizer vaccine, and after doing so he jumped ship to reap the profits as a board of director with the company? Do you have any actual evidence to support that claim?

Are you implying that the federal government has no processes or levers to investigate this sort of thing?
Nope.. But the optics aren’t good!

I trust ZERO in the governments abilities to investigate anything!

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Nope.. But the optics aren’t good!
I don't give a shit about 'the optics' (and quite frankly this is on my top 5 list of things that needs to be eliminated from mil officer vocabulary - decisions are right or wrong regardless of what someone influential to your career might think of it). This isn't an officer trying to brown nose for a high water fitrep. Fact is that he doesn't have sole arbitration over what the FDA approves or rejects, so this is a nothingburger.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You have to be an absolute fool to believe pharmaceutical companies are not the biggest spenders when it comes to lobbying in Washington.
Really? I am no fool. #1 US Chamber of Commerce. #2 National Assoc of Realtors. #3 Open Society Policy Center (yes, Soros!), #4 Pharmaceutical Researchers and Manufactures of America. Largest spending company is #6 Blue Cross Blue Shield. Pharma IS NOT the biggest spending lobby group in DC. In any case, influence goes beyond just dollars. Think, National Rifle Association, Teacher's Unions, AARP, etc. Votes matter too. As does the current national interest, like a pandemic in need of mitigation. I don't think it mattered too much how much Pharma spent on campaigns in the last few years when a virus was spreading and killing hundreds of thousands of voters and their grand parents.