• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why do you think that covid is a more serious threat to the US military than say, suicide?

Because if we are not careful, stuff like this can happen.

Almost 250 of the 301 unvaccinated crew aboard the destroyer Munmu the Great were infected...The whole crew arrived home on Tuesday after the government carried out an emergency air evacuation, the defence ministry said....12 of whom were in a critical condition.

So yes, very much a threat to our servicemembers and our military capability.

Last edited:

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This virus didn’t leak from a Wuhan lab just like a sky dong is a random and innocuous flight pattern.

To paraphrase an ad campaign, show me the proof.

A little context, I am not a scientist but have had the privilege to work with many in a professional capacity during my career to include several who specialized in biology, chemicals, forensic toxicology and physics to name a few. They were all hired for their particular set of skills and to know whether or not X, Y or Z is a threat to us. To a man and woman the ones I've talked to have all said that there is nothing to indicate that the virus is anything more than a naturally occurring one. So I'll continue to trust them over some random folks on the internets.

Treetop Flyer

pilot

A little context, I am not a scientist but have had the privilege to work with many in a professional capacity during my career to include several who specialized in biology, chemicals, forensic toxicology and physics to name a few. They were all hired for their particular set of skills and to know whether or not X, Y or Z is a threat to us. To a man and woman the ones I've talked to have all said that there is nothing to indicate that the virus is anything more than a naturally occurring one. So I'll continue to trust them over some random folks on the internets.
No evidence was necessary when government officials, media, and big tech banded together suppress the lab origin of the virus and label it a debunked xenophobic conspiracy.

Also it can be a natural virus and still be from the lab.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
To a man and woman the ones I've talked to have all said that there is nothing to indicate that the virus is anything more than a naturally occurring one. So I'll continue to trust them over some random folks on the internets.
But they did not offer you "proof", did they? So you are just choosing to believe them. That's fine. But if you are going to demand proof, let's be fair. There is no proof that the virus is naturally occurring.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Suicide is horrible. While it is clear the military is not very effective at dealing with suicide, they are doing a lot including spending plenty of money. But it's overall impact on readiness is much smaller than covid outbreaks can be. Covid does not have to kill at any great rate to affect the readiness of a ship or squadron.
That's only because of our silly over-reactions to it. If we treated COVID like any other boat crud, its impact on readiness would be far less than suicide.

Mirage

pilot

So why do you think the US intelligence community and Biden administration changed their stance abruptly and now say that the lab leak theory is at least as likely as the natural origin theory? Did they succumb to some online conspiracy theory pushing trolls as well? Or perhaps do you not know nearly as much as you think/want to pretend?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Update your profile then and tell us all how important you are then. I’d love to know what your current job is making the Navy better other than deleting posts you don’t like on AW.

You must know lots of people still out in the fleet giving you updates since you retired a decade ago and have seen it with your own eyes and talked to DIVOs and HODs on boats about covid policy and its impact.

And yeah, my finger on the pulse was spending a year on active duty watching the Navy’s covid response keep burning out of control like a dumpster fire. I guess everyone in CNATRA isn’t in the real navy anymore. Thanks for letting them know. Guess I’ll slink back into my corner office now.
If you’re that engrossed in telling the Navy how fucked up their COVID response is, why haven’t you written a white paper or done more than posting your disdain on AirWarriors, and posting tweets? I’m sure the Admirals and SECNAV can use your input.

As for the CNATRA mission, it’s important, but let’s be real…you’re not out there in a grey ship or jet as a war fighter. Everyone in the Navy is replaceable.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good to know my part time job training Naval Aviators isn’t real enough for a retired dude on the interwebs.

fucking chode.
You missed my point about a reservist VT instructor having his finger on the pulse of the Navy. Do you think you have your finger on the pulse of the Navy as a reservist training Naval Aviators?

SlickAg

pilot
You missed my point about a reservist VT instructor having his finger on the pulse of the Navy. Do you think you have your finger on the pulse of the Navy as a reservist training Naval Aviators?
Definitely not as much as a super mod on airwarriors.com.

You’ve got it figured out for sure.

Edit: I don’t engage or interact with anyone in the fleet, ever. Haven’t heard stories from people who’ve just come from there, haven’t engaged with anyone who’s gone back as a DH, I’m just on my own little island training pilots for whom there isn’t a pressing shortage because things are so good that everyone is staying in.

Last edited:

SlickAg

pilot
If you’re that engrossed in telling the Navy how fucked up their COVID response is, why haven’t you written a white paper or done more than posting your disdain on AirWarriors, and posting tweets? I’m sure the Admirals and SECNAV can use your input.

As for the CNATRA mission, it’s important, but let’s be real…you’re not out there in a grey ship or jet as a war fighter. Everyone in the Navy is replaceable.
So now you now what I’ve been tweeting too?

Impressive.