• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So look at this video and tell me what you see and/or what conclusions you draw. I’ll go first: the younger you are, or standing, you HAVE to have a mask. Science. If you’re older, richer (these breakfasts aren’t cheap), or sitting, you don’t need a mask. Science.

The Congresswoman speaking in the video has decreed that masks are required on HER side of the Capitol. Step into the Senate side, masks not required. Science.

The servers aren’t wearing properly fitted N95s. They’re also outside, so technically not required per Napa County law. But they’re wearing them, because Science.

This must be the freedom you fought for in the Cold War. I must have a slightly different definition than you do.

Firstly, the ironic "science" retort is so last year. It isn't original, it isn't humorous, it doesn't communicate anything useful. Zero.

So, based on that video, this is what I picked up. I'd say you have an unhealthy hatred of hypocrites and see conspiracy and incompetence as the only explanation for what you find unexplained differences in professional opinion and policies. This is because you are certain that you have garnered all the relevant facts, from the internet, in your spare time. But hey, I have tired myopic boomer eyes. Might have missed something you put down.

taxi1

pilot
...the proper level of ventilation our building code should stipulate...
Ventilation is key.

One of my guys (architectural engineer) spent last Fall and & Winter helping nursing homes in PA develop ventilation plans for their facilities to reduce transmission and create subspaces in their buildings. He found that they were pretty horrendous, in general. Especially the converted large houses.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
  • Delta Air Lines prohibits bandanas, scarves, masks with exhaust valves, and any masks with slits, punctures, or holes
  • United Airlines prohibits bandanas, and requires wearing an actual face mask—not only a face shield
  • Southwest prohibits bandanas, scarves, ski masks, balaclavas, and single-layer masks
  • American Airlines prohibits balaclavas, bandanas, exhaust valves, scarves, and gaiters
  • JetBlue prohibits masks connected to tubing or battery-operated filters
  • Hawaiian Airlines prohibits scarves, ski masks, balaclavas, and bandanas
  • Finn Air prohibits fabric face masks, and now only accepts surgical masks, valve-free FFP2 or FFP3 respirator masks, and N95 masks
  • Air France prohibits fabric masks and masks with exhaust valves, and requires medical masks
  • Lufthansa prohibits fabric masks and masks with exhaust valves, and requires medical masks
  • LATAM Airlines prohibits fabric and reusable face masks on domestic flights within Chile, requiring surgical masks with three layers, KN95, or N95 masks. International passengers who are connecting in Lima also must double-up on face masks—even if they never leave the aircraft
Staying the hell away from Lima!!!

SlickAg

pilot
Firstly, the ironic "science" retort is so last year. It isn't original, it isn't humorous, it doesn't communicate anything useful. Zero.

So, based on that video, this is what I picked up. I'd say you have an unhealthy hatred of hypocrites and see conspiracy and incompetence as the only explanation for what you find unexplained differences in professional opinion and policies. This is because you are certain that you have garnered all the relevant facts, from the internet, in your spare time. But hey, I have tired myopic boomer eyes. Might have missed something you put down.
Got it. So you’re still missing the point.

Interesting that you don’t seem to accept science as the acceptable answer. The White House, CDC, NIH, et al still say they’re following the science. It’s not an ironic response when they use it. They’re very serious about it.

I guess you and your generation is okay with state-sponsored hypocrisy. Fortunately, since we live in a free country, I don’t have to accept your idea of what’s acceptable and what isn’t.

SlickAg

pilot
Remember all the plastic dividers everyone rushed out to put up? Yea they actually make things worse since they decrease ventilation. They're still up though, because science?

Maybe with a high quality study or studies that controlled for things like social distancing, proper mask wear vs actual mask wear, the proper level of ventilation our building code should stipulate, we'd have a better handle on what works vs what doesn't.

Instead, we've thrown shit at a wall to see what sticks and are surprised that the room is now a mess and no one trusts the shit chuckers.
Sorry shipmate, you can’t say “science” anymore. It’s sooooooooo last year. Wink said so.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
  • Delta Air Lines prohibits bandanas, scarves, masks with exhaust valves, and any masks with slits, punctures, or holes
  • United Airlines prohibits bandanas, and requires wearing an actual face mask—not only a face shield
  • Southwest prohibits bandanas, scarves, ski masks, balaclavas, and single-layer masks
  • American Airlines prohibits balaclavas, bandanas, exhaust valves, scarves, and gaiters
  • JetBlue prohibits masks connected to tubing or battery-operated filters
  • Hawaiian Airlines prohibits scarves, ski masks, balaclavas, and bandanas
  • Finn Air prohibits fabric face masks, and now only accepts surgical masks, valve-free FFP2 or FFP3 respirator masks, and N95 masks
  • Air France prohibits fabric masks and masks with exhaust valves, and requires medical masks
  • Lufthansa prohibits fabric masks and masks with exhaust valves, and requires medical masks
  • LATAM Airlines prohibits fabric and reusable face masks on domestic flights within Chile, requiring surgical masks with three layers, KN95, or N95 masks. International passengers who are connecting in Lima also must double-up on face masks—even if they never leave the aircraft
Staying the hell away from Lima!!!
Definitely need to double mask

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Ok, Fauci made it all up. Masks don’t really work and were only mandated because he thinks some of you have really bad breath. You know who you are.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Got it. So you’re still missing the point.

Interesting that you don’t seem to accept science as the acceptable answer
No friend, I think you are. It isn't science that is wrong. It is our president and elites that are wedded to following the science. That's a problem when the science is all over the place, and quite innocently for the most part. We don't know enough about the virus even though we know more every day. Researchers study different things for different reasons. Some studies are simply crap. Others are misrepresented by partisans. Others are honestly misunderstood. And inspite of that our overlords have chosen to follow science all over the map rather than make hard decisions based on an interdisciplinary multi-agency approach that looks for a holistic policy best for the country as a whole.

You are their huckleberry. You are battling the wrong opponent. It isn't science or scientists or MDs. It isn't even the poor science, the sensational studies or the media that pushes them. It is the ruling class that has led us to this place, where science become political. And you sir, are playing at the same game but from the other side of the net.

jackjack

@Treetop Flyer
It may well be moved. The Federal gov is pushing for a complete stop to lockdowns and we just live with it. Corporate donors and other external pressures are pushing this. The states are sticking with their original joint plan with the Federal gov. 80% of those eligible for vaccination. It's an agreed plan for overseas travel. Within Australia, there won't be lockdowns with low cases, they are talking 30 a day. Any lockdown will be targeted to an outbreak cluster area. It's a work in progress. One state is saying they want zero cases still.

SlickAg

pilot
No friend, I think you are. It isn't science that is wrong. It is our president and elites that are wedded to following the science. That's a problem when the science is all over the place, and quite innocently for the most part. We don't know enough about the virus even though we know more every day. Researchers study different things for different reasons. Some studies are simply crap. Others are misrepresented by partisans. Others are honestly misunderstood. And inspite of that our overlords have chosen to follow science all over the map rather than make hard decisions based on an interdisciplinary multi-agency approach that looks for a holistic policy best for the country as a whole.

You are their huckleberry. You are battling the wrong opponent. It isn't science or scientists or MDs. It isn't even the poor science, the sensational studies or the media that pushes them. It is the ruling class that has led us to this place, where science become political. And you sir, are playing at the same game but from the other side of the net.
Again, this is nothing new. I’ve know all along that the elites and the ruling class have been using this to their advantage. What is different, however, is that I don’t agree that people you claim are so innocent, certain scientists and doctors for example, have been doing this out of pure and noble intentions themselves. I think they’re very willingly going along with everything for a myriad of reasons.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
So look at this video and tell me what you see and/or what conclusions you draw. I’ll go first: the younger you are, or standing, you HAVE to have a mask. Science. If you’re older, richer (these breakfasts aren’t cheap), or sitting, you don’t need a mask. Science.

The Congresswoman speaking in the video has decreed that masks are required on HER side of the Capitol. Step into the Senate side, masks not required. Science.

The servers aren’t wearing properly fitted N95s. They’re also outside, so technically not required per Napa County law. But they’re wearing them, because Science.

This must be the freedom you fought for in the Cold War. I must have a slightly different definition than you do.

Don’t worry…. The video has been pulled..

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Again, this is nothing new. I’ve know all along that the elites and the ruling class have been using this to their advantage. What is different, however, is that I don’t agree that people you claim are so innocent, certain scientists and doctors for example, have been doing this out of pure and noble intentions themselves. I think they’re very willingly going along with everything for a myriad of reasons.
And yet you are still bitching about strikes and whether the base runner was safe when the issue is Umpire competence.

I do not believe everyone is acting out of noble intentions or altruism. It is human nature. Some people are more interested in doing the right thing than others. Some are more interested in self promotion than others. If I may call you out, the problem is you think everyone on your side is right and courageous and noble for having options you agree with. Your side is absolutely NOT immune to the same faults as those on the government/public health side. In fact, I would posit that people on the contrary team are more likely to be tainted, and require more scrutiny than others precisely because it is easier to self promote when you are out of the mainstream. That is instant headlines. Oh sorry that is the boomer speaking. Contrary opinions and studies get instant clicks, likes, retweets, whatever. I can not say it more clearly. This debate, particularly about masks, is pointless. One study says masks are useless, but is talking about the virus itself, others say they are useful, but are talking about the particles that carry the virus. One scientist say the virus can be spread on hard surfaces, and other comes along and points out how long that threat actually exists. Both sides point to their favorite evidence and it really means nothing. Then along comes something new and previously unknown about the virus and it renders half of what we were arguing about moot.

The bigger issue is the lack of leadership and accountability in all levels of government. The rise of the regulatory state and administrative bureaucracy that truly runs American spawns too many yes men and allows Congress, and especially the Executive, a way to dodge hard decisions and accountability. That said, it would be a mistake to discount everything that comes out of government agencies. Healthy skepticism should be applied to government work product and their allies as well as outsiders.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
And yet you are still bitching about strikes and whether the base runner was safe when the issue is Umpire competence.

I do not believe everyone is acting out of noble intentions or altruism. It is human nature. Some people are more interested in doing the right thing than others. Some are more interested in self promotion than others. If I may call you out, the problem is you think everyone on your side is right and courageous and noble for having options you agree with. Your side is absolutely NOT immune to the same faults as those on the government/public health side. In fact, I would posit that people on the contrary team are more likely to be tainted, and require more scrutiny than others precisely because it is easier to self promote when you are out of the mainstream. That is instant headlines. Oh sorry that is the boomer speaking. Contrary opinions and studies get instant clicks, likes, retweets, whatever. I can not say it more clearly. This debate, particularly about masks, is pointless. One study says masks are useless, but is talking about the virus itself, others say they are useful, but are talking about the particles that carry the virus. One scientist say the virus can be spread on hard surfaces, and other comes along and points out how long that threat actually exists. Both sides point to their favorite evidence and it really means nothing. Then along comes something new and previously unknown about the virus and it renders half of what we were arguing about moot.

The bigger issue is the lack of leadership and accountability in all levels of government. The rise of the regulatory state and administrative bureaucracy that truly runs American spawns too many yes men and allows Congress, and especially the Executive, a way to dodge hard decisions and accountability. That said, it would be a mistake to discount everything that comes out of government agencies. Healthy skepticism should be applied to government work product and their allies as well as outsiders.
I’m gonna raise the bullshit flag. Opposing views are being removed, deleted, censored and suppressed!

And would we stop debating masks. I just posted the one and only study I can find on the NIH website (since I found a few more and they come to the same conclusion) they didn’t work then and they don’t work now!