• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

jackjack

Would more vaccines help? Highly vaccinated countries like Israel and Iceland are still having outbreaks. What’s the end game? When will a covid case not trigger a paramilitary lockdown?
As well as reducing your chance of getting covid. Vaccines reduce the hospitalisation and death rates. We are talking about opening up when we reach 80% vaccinated. I find it funny that there is a rush on tubes of horse wormer. Rather than getting a vaccination in the US. If you do catch covid, it's better to be vaccinated first.

Last edited:

SlickAg

pilot
As well as reducing your chance of getting covid. Vaccines reduce the hospitalisation and death rates. We are talking about opening up when we reach 80% vaccinated. I find it funny that there is a rush on tubes of horse wormer. Rather than getting a vaccination in the US. If you do catch covid, it's better to be vaccinated first.
I find it funny that you’re killing dogs to protect people from getting covid.

To each their own.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You’re not picking up what I’m putting down, and that’s fine.
Then why don’t you clarify it for me? Having labeled me a boomer in the worst sense, keep it point paper ( Navy still do those?) short and simple. I’ll let you know if I missed any of the pieces you have littered this thread with.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Do you believe that? People will still die. I have a hard time believing that the people locking down Australia will suddenly be ok with scaryvirus spreading and killing people as long as some arbitrary vaccination metric was reached.

SlickAg

pilot
Then why don’t you clarify it for me? Having labeled me a boomer in the worst sense, keep it point paper ( Navy still do those?) short and simple. I’ll let you know if I missed any of the pieces you have littered this thread with.
So look at this video and tell me what you see and/or what conclusions you draw. I’ll go first: the younger you are, or standing, you HAVE to have a mask. Science. If you’re older, richer (these breakfasts aren’t cheap), or sitting, you don’t need a mask. Science.

The Congresswoman speaking in the video has decreed that masks are required on HER side of the Capitol. Step into the Senate side, masks not required. Science.

The servers aren’t wearing properly fitted N95s. They’re also outside, so technically not required per Napa County law. But they’re wearing them, because Science.

This must be the freedom you fought for in the Cold War. I must have a slightly different definition than you do.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
View attachment 32190

What is their hospitalization, ICU, and death rates, and how is it spread between vaccinated and unvaccinated?

First of all, 80% vaccination isn’t currently possible since there aren’t vaccines for kids under 12. Not that vaccinating them would help anyway. But whether we’re talking about 80% overall or 80% of adults, Israel is there when you factor in prior infections. But they’re still getting, spreading, and dying of covid.

I find it hard to believe that Australia will say ok fuck it, we have 80% so scaryvirus is over. The same place that’s arresting people, raiding businesses, locking down entire regions for a handful of cases will suddenly be ok with covid being endemic?

I hope I’m wrong, but get ready for the goalposts to get moved.

taxi1

pilot
80% of adults, Israel is there when you factor in prior infections. But they’re still getting, spreading, and dying of covid.
It's 80% of adults. The vaccine does make a big difference. They're doing boosters now.

The good news is that among Israel's serious infections on Thursday of this week, according to Health Ministry data, the rate of serious cases among unvaccinated people over age 60 (178.7 per 100,000) was nine times more than the rate among fully vaccinated people of the same age category, and the rate of serious cases among unvaccinated people in the under-60 crowd (3.2 per 100,000) was a little more than double the rate among vaccinated people in that age bracket.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
It's 80% of adults. The vaccine does make a big difference. They're doing boosters now.

The good news is that among Israel's serious infections on Thursday of this week, according to Health Ministry data, the rate of serious cases among unvaccinated people over age 60 (178.7 per 100,000) was nine times more than the rate among fully vaccinated people of the same age category, and the rate of serious cases among unvaccinated people in the under-60 crowd (3.2 per 100,000) was a little more than double the rate among vaccinated people in that age bracket.
So they are at the arbitrary 80%. And it’s spreading and people are dying. That’s my point. It’s not going away.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
These are not gotchas or new information. It is common sense that an N95 is more effective than a cloth. It is common sense that a tight fitting mask is more effective than a lose fitting one. No one is surprised that a well ventilated space is better than an stagnate one or that the viral density in a space is a key component. These stories do not help your anti mask stances. It just proves that poor use, and less infective products are the cause of some of the varying results in mask use and case rates in different places. Using the articles and studies I have seen here might lead someone to mandate only N-95 masks and prohibit occupation of spaces without a certain level of ventilation. I don't think that is what you want.

Remember all the plastic dividers everyone rushed out to put up? Yea they actually make things worse since they decrease ventilation. They're still up though, because science?

Maybe with a high quality study or studies that controlled for things like social distancing, proper mask wear vs actual mask wear, the proper level of ventilation our building code should stipulate, we'd have a better handle on what works vs what doesn't.

Instead, we've thrown shit at a wall to see what sticks and are surprised that the room is now a mess and no one trusts the shit chuckers.