• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Treetop Flyer

pilot
You had me a potentially virus laden respiratory aerosols but when you threw in the part about the immune compromised guy who chooses to shop in person and isn’t vaccinated and isn’t protected by their double masks...

Just kidding, that was an idiotic flashback to 2020

SlickAg

pilot
So you go to the grocery store, and you don't wear a mask because it is your god-given right to share your potentially virus-laden respiratory aerosols with the rest of the citizenry, and that guy who is immune-compromised but has to eat to live too is there, and he catches your virus.

What's your personal responsibility and what accountability should you be held to?
Until March 2020 we never seemed to have this quandary despite having a yearly flu season...please please please tell me you found some case law and legal precedent for this.

I sure hope you’ve never gone to work, the store, or out in public when you’ve ever been under the weather. But you always probably masked up prior to 2020 just in case, right?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
My mask protects you, your mask protects me. And also...

View attachment 30591
You keep on believing that.

My vaccine protects me and you.

BTW, I think the way I do even though I was (pre-vaccine) one of those with health issues making me more susceptible to COVID and bad COVID. But I’m responsible for protecting my health not you or any government.

SlickAg

pilot
I wonder if the author of the article, the editor, or the publisher decided to use the word “disruptions” instead of “lockdowns”. Of course, they use the word lockdowns in the article, but why not in the headline as well? I hope the time is coming where the media will finally be able to write objective articles about the massive downside of these lockdowns lest we listen to the “experts” telling us how necessary it is. Edit: at least one academic has already written a paper talking about how they shouldn’t have gone on past April 2020 with everything that had been discovered about the virus by that time.

Last edited:

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
I’m also curious how many staffing shortages at hospitals this spring were caused by school closures and the resulting impact on working parents. I’m fairly certain this existed, but hasn’t really been reported on.
You'd be surprised. Again, my anecdotal experience, some hospitals actually cut hours for staff who supported elective operations. You'd think they would shift those people to COVID units or other areas of the hospital, but nope.

GroundPounder

You'd be surprised. Again, my anecdotal experience, some hospitals actually cut hours for staff who supported elective operations. You'd think they would shift those people to COVID units or other areas of the hospital, but nope.

This occurred where I live. We have two VA hospitals, one medical school hospital, and two private hospitals in town and they all laid off or cut hours due to restricting everything but Covid cases.

We were always one of the more open states, and even a lot of serious things went by the wayside until just recently. For example, my wife is in a clinical trial at Emory for cancer, and she was shut out of that process for about 9 months. As far as I know now, this will not turn our to shorten her life, but if things had taken off, it definitely would have.

I had the misfortune to need major surgery, and develop complications that left me intubated for 12 days in ICU. I got good care, but am convinced that had I had the opportunity for my wife to be in the room I would have gotten extubated sooner and out of the hospital quicker. She had to do all of her communication with the doctors by phone, which is not optimum.

SlickAg

pilot
Yeah it’s pretty wild to think about.

Here’s an article from over a year ago focusing on what I was talking about above. Couldn’t really find anything more recent, but I don’t think the original problem has gone away in any area that still has school closures.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Yeah it’s pretty wild to think about.

Here’s an article from over a year ago focusing on what I was talking about above. Couldn’t really find anything more recent, but I don’t think the original problem has gone away in any area that still has school closures.

Sounds like a problem that can be solved with some childcare infrastructure spending!

taxi1

pilot
My age and health protect me.

I pretty much felt the same prior to getting the shots, but would have been horrified to learn I was the vector that led to a hospitalization or death. So I wore a mask.

@HAL Pilot is right. That’s so 2020. The narrative has changed.

We're almost there...almost.
Couldn’t really find anything more recent
This one anecdotally touches on it. Two docs with kids. An Aggie to boot.

Last edited: