• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I was told, by Marines, that if a Marine O-5 in command refuses the vaccination they get put on a non-compliance list that is briefed to important people. I’m shocked, shocked, to hear that the vaccine take rates still aren’t “good” enough.

According to a 2017 MCCS snapshot, 66% of the Marine corps was 25 or under, 25% was under 21, 14% are still teenagers and the average age of a Marine Corps spouse is under 30, with Marine Corps families being the youngest on average amongst the services. I’m surprised the take rate is as high as it is.

Last edited:

RoarkJr.

Does my heart good to hear that young people haven’t been too compromised by the media agenda to instill unwarranted fear. It’s all about the clicks, coverage, and therefore adds a political component to how we (in the military) respond to the virus.

I read articles and see videos about how “people are afraid to go back to normal.” I don’t know a single living soul who is afraid of the virus at all. They’re only afraid of being caught out in town.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
The party of science doesn’t like science when it doesn’t fit their agenda. Here’s some facts that our public health officials don’t seem to want to hear.

Outdoor transmission is virtually non existent. Stop wearing masks outside. (And inside)

Transmission from contaminated surfaces is virtually non existent. Stop wiping everything down and wearing gloves like imbeciles.

The three vaccines in use in the US are effective against all known variants. You are safe if you’re vaccinated. (And there’s a better than 99.9% chance you’re safe either way unless you’re old or unwell)

The dreaded UK variant is not any deadlier than the original good ole covid.

All of these things are scientifically proven facts.

SlickAg

pilot
The party of science doesn’t like science when it doesn’t fit their agenda. Here’s some facts that our public health officials don’t seem to want to hear.

Outdoor transmission is virtually non existent. Stop wearing masks outside. (And inside)

Transmission from contaminated surfaces is virtually non existent. Stop wiping everything down and wearing gloves like imbeciles.

The three vaccines in use in the US are effective against all known variants. You are safe if you’re vaccinated. (And there’s a better than 99.9% chance you’re safe either way unless you’re old or unwell)

The dreaded UK variant is not any deadlier than the original good ole covid.

All of these things are scientifically proven facts.
Well the public messaging from the so-called party of science and their cronies (including Fauci) has been horrendous, just absolutely awful. If it weren’t so tragic it would be comical. I don’t understand how anyone can look at data like this and NOT see pure, unadulterated buffoonery. At this point I don’t see how any reasonable person can take these “experts” seriously. I’d love to have one of the resident coronabros take a stab at explaining how they keep completely whiffing over and over again.

SlickAg

pilot
At least we’re not the only North Americans who don’t follow the science...despite proof that closing schools doesn’t impact covid transmission in the community and only serves to hurt those whom it’s supposed to help, especially those from economically disadvantaged homes, they’re going to do it anyway. How can people still accept this?

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
At least we’re not the only North Americans who don’t follow the science...despite proof that closing schools doesn’t impact covid transmission in the community and only serves to hurt those whom it’s supposed to help, especially those from economically disadvantaged homes, they’re going to do it anyway. How can people still accept this?

It isn't about the kids...it never was. It's about the teachers unions.

Honestly, if the virus and everything about it (cough...vaccines) weren't so politicized I think there would be a better turnout for vaccinations.

SlickAg

pilot
Such winning. Much wow. Endless victory.

“New Zealand, another nation that is cozying up to Beijing, is committed to a “Zero Covid” self-siege that has blockaded the island nation from the world for over a year. Citizens who test positive for Covid-19 are forcibly sent to quarantine camps. The government has recently considered legislation punishing people for the act of acquiring Covid-19.”

RoarkJr.

But isn’t the point that it (your chart) still isn’t winning? Being alive is inherently dangerous. If winning = no risk then why not ban alcohol, POV’s in favor of safer methods of transportation, ban fast food...

If you’re higher risk, stay home. Otherwise, let free Americans choose whether or not they want to go out in town, dine at restaurants etc. The costs to the economy and mental health have not been worth satisfying the righteous indignation of those who view liberty as selfish.

SlickAg

pilot
But isn’t the point that it (your chart) still isn’t winning? Being alive is inherently dangerous. If winning = no risk then why not ban alcohol, POV’s in favor of safer methods of transportation, ban fast food...

If you’re higher risk, stay home. Otherwise, let free Americans choose whether or not they want to go out in town, dine at restaurants etc. The costs to the economy and mental health have not been worth satisfying the righteous indignation of those who view liberty as selfish.
I’ll support mandatory vaccination and masking when the federal government enforces mandatory exercise and doesn’t allow you to buy certain foods based on your BMI, health risks, and medical history. There’s no difference between staying healthy for my neighbors to help not overwhelm the hospital system and staying home to flatten the curve, right?

taxi1

pilot
The economy and mental health in the countries that have managed the pandemic far better than we have, is either better or far better than it is here. People in Australia and New Zealand are going out to sporting events and concerts, and they aren't burying their older relatives left and right.

On your "if you are at high risk - stay home" argument, are you saying all of the dead in the nursing homes got it while out and about? Of course not.

In any community where the prevalence remains high, it ends up finding the old, the fat, the diabetic, the immune-challenged, the just plain unlucky, etc. According to @SlickAg, our attitude should be "screw'em" but I'm not so sure everyone agrees with that.

And it's the people who aren't going to die from it, or even feel that bad from it (most of them), that keep the prevalence high. The ones who for some reason feel that depriving the rest of the community of their potentially virus-laden respiratory aerosols is somehow infringing on their freedoms. Might as well argue you should be able to go around coughing right in people's faces.