• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

SlickAg

pilot
@SlickAg I thought we've moved past this? If you're still upset, say so; don't act like a 3-year old.

Otherwise, add content and/or context to your post and move along. It's not that hard. Really it's not.
I posted a link to an article that talked about how online learning didn’t work. I said where the article was from and what it was about. What else do I need to do in order to not get censored?

I did the same thing last night, one sentence synopsis along with WHY I was adding the synopsis, and you complimented me: “Nicely done. While I know this was hard and it pains you, it actually helps those who aren't on the twit-sphere, or even care to click the link or have access (boat-net, NMCI, etc). Above is an example of what you could also do vice having to write a sentence about what your posting.”

I’ve chosen to use the sentences, especially since this is an article and not a tweet.

I’m super confused about what you want here.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I posted a link to an article that talked about how online learning didn’t work. I said where the article was from and what it was about. What else do I need to do in order to not get censored?
I said this to you via PM, but apparently you didn't understand it or chose to ignore it: Posting a Link with no commentary, or context adds no value to AirWarriors.

I deleted 3 of your posts that were only twitter links.

Unless you choose to follow any link, IT HAS NO CONTENT NOR CONTEXT.

Since you decided to not add any additional information as to why the link to this tweet is important, or why we should click the link to the tweet, or why the this specific tweet speaks to you personally, or matches your argument, then they were deleted. I offered to re-instated the offending posts, but you decided to leave them deleted.

Please stop adding my name to each of your posts like a 3-year old in crisis.

SlickAg

pilot
I said this to you via PM, but apparently you didn't understand it or chose to ignore it: Posting a Link with no commentary, or context adds no value to AirWarriors.

I deleted 3 of your posts that were only twitter links.

Unless you choose to follow any link, IT HAS NO CONTENT NOR CONTEXT.

Since you decided to not add any additional information as to why the link to this tweet is important, or why we should click the link to the tweet, or why the this specific tweet speaks to you personally, or matches your argument, then they were deleted. I offered to re-instated the offending posts, but you decided to leave them deleted.

Please stop adding my name to each of your posts like a 3-year old in crisis.
Actually, this is what you sent me:

“SlickAg, I sent you a comment and you said the "tweet" spoke for itself.

A link does not speak for itself and as you decided not to add content nor context for the link posted, I felt that the post added no value to the thread.

Now, If you want to post a photo of the tweet or make a comment about a specific tweet that adds value to the conversation, then by all means, please do so. But to respond to another user's content by posting a link is a poor argument.”

Are you going to delete this post as well? Because I don’t see how I did anything different.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
@SlickAg maybe this will help. Let me know if I'm going too fast for you.

Which picture below actually uses words in a sentence to relay a point?

A: 26664

B:26665

If you picked B, you're wrong. Try again, and this time pick A. Clear?

SlickAg

pilot
@SlickAg maybe this will help. Let me know if I'm going too fast for you.

Which picture below actually uses words in a sentence to relay a point?

A: View attachment 26664

B:View attachment 26665

If you picked B, you're wrong. Try again, and this time pick A. Clear?
So only mods can be condescending?

Got it.

P.S. you spelled “too” wrong. I assume that was just a mistake in a post where you’re trying to call someone stupid.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So only mods can be condescending?

Got it.
I'm not sure you've "Got it" or are over the moderator "CENSORSHIP!!!!".

Let's not worry about "whataboutism"....let's focus on you and getting you up to speed.

Do you understand the difference from my post above?

Pags

N/A
pilot
Bottomless well? No. But they are certainly replaceable. And yes we need schools open for people to go to work, so open schools.
Replaceable with what? In a normal year our local school system has trouble hiring let alone if a big chunk of the work force leaves. Also, there's unions to contend with. No solidarity with the other workers of the world?

Also there's a lot of pushback in opening schools in a traditional sense. Our school system plans to either do ALL distance or part distance. There was a virtual town hall a few days ago and the school problem is tough. Folks want to keep their families healthy but the also want to keep their kids educationally and socially engaged and want to be able to work. And people seem scared to send their kids back right now because they're not comfy with the uncertainty.

SlickAg

pilot
I'm not sure you've "Got it" or are over the moderator "CENSORSHIP!!!!".

Let's not worry about "whataboutism"....let's focus on you and getting you up to speed.

Do you understand the difference from my post above?
Do you not find it ironic that the super moderator is the one who is continuing to post about site admin rules on a thread devoted to a worldwide pandemic?

But to answer your question, no I don’t understand the differences. Can you please explain them to me again?

Again, I appreciate your willingness to ensure we’re all on the same page about the rules here! Thanks so much for your help tightening me up on this! I really appreciate it!

??

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Replaceable with what? In a normal year our local school system has trouble hiring let alone if a big chunk of the work force leaves. Also, there's unions to contend with. No solidarity with the other workers of the world?

Also there's a lot of pushback in opening schools in a traditional sense. Our school system plans to either do ALL distance or part distance. There was a virtual town hall a few days ago and the school problem is tough. Folks want to keep their families healthy but the also want to keep their kids educationally and socially engaged and want to be able to work. And people seem scared to send their kids back right now because they're not comfy with the uncertainty.
With the unemployment rate what it is, yeah they’re plenty replaceable. As for solidarity, I have zero pity for someone that thinks they should still collect their tax funded salary without showing up to work. The data does not support closing schools, and it’s not even close.

SlickAg

pilot

Your local school system may have an issue getting teachers. That isn’t universal. Ultimately, to attract talent, districts end up having to pay more.

I can understand parents being worried about their family’s health. But studies have shown time and time again that children aren’t impacted by this virus. Parents who willingly send their kids to school during flu season and don’t get flu shots are concerned about a virus that has a smaller chance of harming their children?

And just because some parents are afraid doesn’t mean that the whole school system should shut down. Same with the teachers, if parents are too afraid to send their kids back to school they can deal with the consequences. Why punish everyone’s child, and ultimately, society?

exNavyOffRec

Pretty much every teacher I know has said the distance learning has been a failure, one of the first districts around me to do it had 90% engagement and log on time with students when it started, by the time a week had gone by it was down to 10%.

One of our friends is a para-educator working with special needs kids, she was only able to reach and assist 25% of the kids she works with.

The younger the kids are the worse this is for teachers.

In some ways there is an advantage such as when a kid doesn't feel well he or she can still attend since it is online, however the advantages are not outweighing the disadvantages.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.

Little Johnny is more likely to die from choking on his lunch than COVID.

I don't know how teachers around the nation can frequently protest how underpaid and over worked they are to perform an essential function, yet now argue that schools should remain closed.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Little Johnny is more likely to die from choking on his lunch than COVID.

I don't know how teachers around the nation can frequently protest how underpaid and over worked they are to perform an essential function, yet now argue that schools should remain closed.
The argument is that school should be conducted virtually vice in person. So they'd still be working.

SlickAg

pilot
The argument is that school should be conducted virtually vice in person. So they'd still be working.
I think there’s mass consensus that the virtual learning was a massive failure. It works out for the teachers, but oddly enough NOT the people they’re trying to teach.

If a teacher’s union can work out an alternative for those who are unable or unwilling to go back to work, that’s awesome. Otherwise, that teacher can vote with their feet and collect unemployment like everyone else.