• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19... "Am I shipping to OCS/ODS"?

I am supposed to start OCS June 14! My house just went under contract and I need to move out in 3 weeks. My leave begins 11 May. If I get postponed then I'll more then likely going to be sleeping on some friends couches for awhile. I've done it before and I'll do it again. ?

Jmanstar

I was supposed to be leaving the 19th of April but was informed that it was cancelled and now my recruiter is working on when my next leave date would be...I’m hoping it’s near future but has anyone heard otherwise

EM123

I was supposed to be leaving the 19th of April but was informed that it was cancelled and now my recruiter is working on when my next leave date would be...I’m hoping it’s near future but has anyone heard otherwise
I'm in the same boat. Active duty, but I was just told to "stand by till a later date" nothing more than that.

Infinitedouble

I am originally slated for the 18th Oct class, I am hopefully this whole schedule gets figured out before then. I can imagine the degree of uncertainity and inconvenience all the cancellations can cause. Staying flexible is the name of the game now. I heard that regimental PT has been cancelled at OCS for now, was wondering if anyone has heard about any other modificafions to the program. I am optimistic we will all be fine and will someday meet out there in the fleet! Keep safe, keep positive and stay flexible future Commanders of the Seas!

Due to how much this site has helped me the past year I feel obligated to share gouge with the futures who will be going thru this process in the future.

I am currently in the hotel at Newport in quarantine. Only 50 of us here for this class. One per room, no leaving except for a few hours of outdoor PT (which is just running laps around the hotel) on tuesdays/thursdays. Meals 3x per day delivered to the door. Food is meh at best. Plenty of time to read the OCR which they kindly provided for us. Also gave us ipads for some online coursework that we’ll be tested on once training starts. Room has a microwave/mini fridge/ 37inch ish tv/queen size bed/kuerig.

I’m trying to think of what I wanted to know before I came to be helpful for yall. I brought my nintendo switch which is definitely nice to have. Also brought my laptop which makes the online coursework easier to navigate.

Things I didn’t bring which I wish I had:
  • More snacks (and i brought more than the people with me)
  • Pack of bottled waters (they give you a few per day but I drink hella water)
  • Laundry detergent
  • Nail clippers
  • Pens
  • Flash cards

Overall quarantine is not bad. Little slow, but i’m sure i’ll miss all the downtime once the ass kickings begin. I feel for everyone who’s getting pushed to later dates, it happened to me so I understand the struggle, you’ll get here. Hope I helped guys ?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
If everybody's not already, you might want to encourage your classmates to do their pushups, burpees, planks, etc. in their rooms if all you're doing for group PT is running laps.

Infinitedouble

Due to how much this site has helped me the past year I feel obligated to share gouge with the futures who will be going thru this process in the future.

I am currently in the hotel at Newport in quarantine. Only 50 of us here for this class. One per room, no leaving except for a few hours of outdoor PT (which is just running laps around the hotel) on tuesdays/thursdays. Meals 3x per day delivered to the door. Food is meh at best. Plenty of time to read the OCR which they kindly provided for us. Also gave us ipads for some online coursework that we’ll be tested on once training starts. Room has a microwave/mini fridge/ 37inch ish tv/queen size bed/kuerig.

I’m trying to think of what I wanted to know before I came to be helpful for yall. I brought my nintendo switch which is definitely nice to have. Also brought my laptop which makes the online coursework easier to navigate.

• Laundry detergent
  • Nail clippers
  • Pens
  • Flash cards
Overall quarantine is not bad. Little slow, but i’m sure i’ll miss all the downtime once the ass kickings begin. I feel for everyone who’s getting pushed to later dates, it happened to me so I understand the struggle, you’ll get here. Hope I helped guys ?
Very

• Laundry detergent
  • Nail clippers
  • Pens
  • Flash cards
Thanks for the insightful post. Were there any modifications to the program? Like i heard regimental PT has been cancelled. I also heard that you guys are provided with an updated copy of the OCR, is there anything on there worth noting? Thanks

Very

Thanks for the insightful post. Were there any modifications to the program? Like i heard regimental PT has been cancelled. I also heard that you guys are provided with an updated copy of the OCR, is there anything on there worth noting? Thanks

I believe the songs are missing. I also haven’t gone through the entire thing so there may be more I haven’t noticed yet. Been focused mostly on the stuff most likely to get myself put my face, haven’t gone through the entire thing with fine toothed comb.

If everybody's not already, you might want to encourage your classmates to do their pushups, burpees, planks, etc. in their rooms if all you're doing for group PT is running laps.

We have a group chat and every seems to be doing that. Will be interesting to see our IST scores tho ?

gleefulpanda

I am supposed to start OCS June 14! My house just went under contract and I need to move out in 3 weeks. My leave begins 11 May. If I get postponed then I'll more then likely going to be sleeping on some friends couches for awhile. I've done it before and I'll do it again. ?
I just created a thread for this date!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think it means only 50 percent of the original 100 will be admitted to class. To better enable social distancing due to the pandemic.

I got that part, it is the "I think" part that is a problem. For something that important it is a pretty big fail if someone sends a message so incoherent that you have to qualify it with an "I think".

A small but important professional note, sending incoherent, incomprehensible or just poorly composed messages to include emails is frowned upon in the military and in much of the civilian world.

atown22

I was supposed to ship April 12, got put on hold because I'm from NYC, then got pushed to July 5. Apparently that date has now too been cancelled, so if you need me I'll be floating adrift in outer space.
Sorry for the bad luck! I was originally told that I would be apart of the July 5 class. Do you know if the entire class is canceled or if it was just your slot that got moved? Any other info appreciated. Thanks.

jhaselti

Ive seen copies of the emails that most AD are getting saying their class is cancelled. But it really just means their spot in the class was canceled, not the class itself. The class sizes have been reduced to roughly 50 people now so classes are being reshuffled almost daily. The next class to ship out, which im "currently" set to leave on may 9th to start may 10 quarantine, had the class roster zeroed out and refilled on monday of this week. Whether this is the final roster no one really knows, but a lot of the AD that are on the roster have gotten authorization emails today. Some of them previously got the cancellation email too.

Sorry for the bad luck! I was originally told that I would be apart of the July 5 class. Do you know if the entire class is canceled or if it was just your slot that got moved? Any other info appreciated. Thanks.
I unfortunately don’t know any more right now, but my recruiter has been giving me weekly update calls so I’ll hopefully have some more info soon.
(Edit: I’m also a civilian, which may change things)