• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19... "Am I shipping to OCS/ODS"?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
There's been growing posts and PM about applicants knowing the current status of accession training.

As of TODAY (3/17), RTC and OTCN (OCS/ODS) are still in full operating status... meaning they are taking folks and training them. If there is an officer candidate/recruit with suspected symptoms, they will be "isolated", tested and evaluated to see if they can resume training. If not, they'll continue to be isolated until fully released from medical care. This "SOP" might change depending on what is taking place...

If you are shipping soon and feeling symptoms, please let your recruiter know ASAP. Please do not attempt to ship and possibly infect others.

If anything changes, whether it's minutes, days, etc. from this original post - I'll try to provide updates. If nothing is posted, I simply do not have any other updates.

If you have specific "situational" questions, ask your recruiter. If you are a fleet applicant, please ask your chain of command or contact the MNCC if you already have orders on hand.

Thank you.

TR_9124

I spoke with people currently at OCS along with OCS admin and Fleet OCS Detailers and then 22 March and 12 Apr classes are not going to start as of yesterday. They are on a 30 day lockdown and not accepting new students at this time; however, this could change daily as the situation evolves.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
With the execution of PCS and TDY orders on hold through 14MAY20, I wouldn't expect anyone to "ship out" to OCS.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The exception has already been made with recruits - deeming them mission essential.
I'm not saying that isn't your current guidance, but it is not how the rest of the fleet is operating right now, and if OCS isn't starting new classes, it sounds like your guidance is about to change.

Joshua H

I’m not sure how this correlates to OCS or ODS, but a coworker of mine has orders to the LDO/CWO academy in April and was told today to execute his orders as written.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I’m not sure how this correlates to OCS or ODS, but a coworker of mine has orders to the LDO/CWO academy in April and was told today to execute his orders as written.
Sounds like PERS (actual) has waiver authority for PCS order execution...

From the NAVADMIN:
3.A. PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS). SERVICE MEMBERS AND DEPENDENTS
UNDER PCS ORDERS WHO HAVE NOT YET INITIATED TRAVEL WILL ADHERE TO THE
FOLLOWING GUIDANCE.
3.A.1. SERVICE MEMBERS WHO HAVE NOT YET INITIATED PCS TRAVEL AS OF
THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THIS NAVADMIN ARE DIRECTED TO CONTACT NAVY PERSONNEL
COMMAND (NPC) FOR FOLLOW-ON GUIDANCE PER PARAGRAPH 5.A. NPC IS STANDING BY
TO ADDRESS EACH SPECIFIC CASE AND WILL AUTHORIZE ENTITLEMENTS BASED ON
CURRENT LOCATION AND SITUATION.

3.A.2. FOR SERVICE MEMBERS WHO HAVE ALREADY INITIATED PCS TRAVEL,
DETACHING AND GAINING COMMANDS SHALL MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO CONTACT THOSE
SERVICE MEMBERS TO ADVISE THEM OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS MESSAGE.
3.A.3 A LOCAL PCS MOVE THAT DOES NOT INVOLVE TRAVEL WILL BE
EVALUATED BY NPC ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS WITH RESPECT TO THE IMPACT ON THE
OPERATIONAL READINESS OF THE DETACHING AND GAINING COMMANDS.
3.B. OTHER OFFICIAL TRAVEL (MEETINGS, CONFERENCES, SITE VISITS, ETC).
ALL OTHER OFFICIAL TRAVEL BY SERVICE MEMBERS AND NAVY CIVILIANS IS PROHIBITED
AND WILL REQUIRE AN EXCEPTION IAW PARAGRAPH 3.E.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Sounds like PERS (actual) has waiver authority for PCS order execution...

From the NAVADMIN:
3.A. PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS). SERVICE MEMBERS AND DEPENDENTS
UNDER PCS ORDERS WHO HAVE NOT YET INITIATED TRAVEL WILL ADHERE TO THE
FOLLOWING GUIDANCE.
3.A.1. SERVICE MEMBERS WHO HAVE NOT YET INITIATED PCS TRAVEL AS OF
THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THIS NAVADMIN ARE DIRECTED TO CONTACT NAVY PERSONNEL
COMMAND (NPC) FOR FOLLOW-ON GUIDANCE PER PARAGRAPH 5.A. NPC IS STANDING BY
TO ADDRESS EACH SPECIFIC CASE AND WILL AUTHORIZE ENTITLEMENTS BASED ON
CURRENT LOCATION AND SITUATION.

3.A.2. FOR SERVICE MEMBERS WHO HAVE ALREADY INITIATED PCS TRAVEL,
DETACHING AND GAINING COMMANDS SHALL MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO CONTACT THOSE
SERVICE MEMBERS TO ADVISE THEM OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS MESSAGE.
3.A.3 A LOCAL PCS MOVE THAT DOES NOT INVOLVE TRAVEL WILL BE
EVALUATED BY NPC ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS WITH RESPECT TO THE IMPACT ON THE
OPERATIONAL READINESS OF THE DETACHING AND GAINING COMMANDS.
3.B. OTHER OFFICIAL TRAVEL (MEETINGS, CONFERENCES, SITE VISITS, ETC).
ALL OTHER OFFICIAL TRAVEL BY SERVICE MEMBERS AND NAVY CIVILIANS IS PROHIBITED
AND WILL REQUIRE AN EXCEPTION IAW PARAGRAPH 3.E.

CNP has already waived this to recruiting command. Do I need to forward you the email chain - since you obviously don’t believe me.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
CNP has already waived this to recruiting command. Do I need to forward you the email chain - since you obviously don’t believe me.
Amplifying information and citing of sources is always helpful when going beyond the broad guidance in the ALNAV & NAVADMIN. I have no SA as to the internal communications within your CoC. We're all trying to understand the myriad implications of this policy and they're being interpreted in very different ways across the force. For example, I cannot currently move mission essential TDY personnel within the state of Nevada w/o CNAF approval, so when I hear that routine PCS moves are being approved, that makes me question what is going on. Try not to take it personally.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Amplifying information and citing of sources is always helpful when going beyond the broad guidance in the ALNAV & NAVADMIN. I have no SA as to the internal communications within your CoC. We're all trying to understand the myriad implications of this policy and they're being interpreted in very different ways across the force. For example, I cannot currently move mission essential TDY personnel within the state of Nevada w/o CNAF approval, so when I hear that routine PCS moves are being approved, that makes me question what is going on. Try not to take it personally.
Just got this from my OR recruiter. He submitted my COVID-19 waiver and received this info in return. Was supposed to ship for 22 March OCS Class.View attachment 24830

@Brett327 the info comes straight from CNP to NETC (who owns the process now) and CNRC stating business is still open for accessions at RTC/OTCN.

From what got passed down, it looks like they will limit shippers who are in distant or high risk areas (say CA, PNW, OCONUS, etc.) and roll in those who low-risk areas (anywhere else) to attend the next OCS classes.

BrandonJLawson

I just got offered to class up early (March 22) instead of August 16th. Does this mean they’re only selecting from certain states?
I don’t have a definite answer from my recruiter, but it would definitely make sense if they are offering class slots to people from certain states at lower exposure risk .

I will say, my residence and NRD is located in the SF bay which is under a mandated shelter-in-place order which could also be impacting my eligibility to ship for OCS.