• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19... "Am I shipping to OCS/ODS"?

chinolal

I just got word that I will be reporting to OCS 26JUL2020. Who knows if I will be going, since my dates have been changed 4 times already.

nathhaw

I just got word that I will be reporting to OCS 26JUL2020. Who knows if I will be going, since my dates have been changed 4 times already.
Mind saying what dates you have been assigned previously? Might help some of us to know roughly the date we could get.

Jbyrne89

I just read through this thread and am curious if there are any other civilians who do not have an OCS date or Finsel yet? I was Prorec-Y in Feb 2020 SWO board. Initially my OR said he was going to try to roll me into the May 3 class with no luck. Last update I heard was "hopefully by the fall." I'm still waiting on a definitive OCS date and the FINSEL letter. Kind of getting nervous that the Prorec - Y may be rescinded due to staffing issues amid COVID-19?

Pilotboyg

I just read through this thread and am curious if there are any other civilians who do not have an OCS date or Finsel yet? I was Prorec-Y in Feb 2020 SWO board. Initially my OR said he was going to try to roll me into the May 3 class with no luck. Last update I heard was "hopefully by the fall." I'm still waiting on a definitive OCS date and the FINSEL letter. Kind of getting nervous that the Prorec - Y may be rescinded due to staffing issues amid COVID-19?
There are people who had class dates in March and April who are still waiting to class up. Class sizes have been lowered due to COVID. People who ship are quarantined for 14 days before starting OCS. I think "hopefully by the fall" is an accurate statement. SNA are pretty much all put on hold. No one has shipped as an SNA for the last few months. I am 99.99% sure they would not rescind your Prorec-Y. If they were to do anything they would lower their selection rates for the boards.

exNavyOffRec

There are people who had class dates in March and April who are still waiting to class up. Class sizes have been lowered due to COVID. People who ship are quarantined for 14 days before starting OCS. I think "hopefully by the fall" is an accurate statement. SNA are pretty much all put on hold. No one has shipped as an SNA for the last few months. I am 99.99% sure they would not rescind your Prorec-Y. If they were to do anything they would lower their selection rates for the boards.

Don't forget that SWO also over-selected and that was putting some Pro Y into FY 21 earlier than they normally do.

Jmanstar

I’m still waiting on word of a newly scheduled date but based off previous post here. I am hopeful to leave sometime in the fall as all of you

Riem2080

I haven't gotten any date yet (graduating college in a few weeks), but my OR said September at the earliest, but most likely later. I feel bad bugging my OR, but it's tough not knowing anything.

solovey

Same boat here. My recruiter flat out said I was FY21 and her best guess was maybe September but with everything going on even that is literally just a guess. It’s rough waiting because it’s already been a two year process but what are ya gonna do? (Lol the answer is run and memorize appendix B backwards and forwards)

OperationChungus

pilot
I was also told that I'm probably going to be delayed until FY 21.

Background: Civilian, just finished college, SNA PROREC-Y last August. Originally told July 2020 OCS date, but looks like it will be October now.

I'm in the same boat. I was selected on the October board and was just given "FY20" with a preference to ship out as soon as possible.

With us being on the two boards that selected for FY20 quotas, do you think they might have us "locked" in for this FY?

mem2019

I was also accepted in Feb for the SWO board and was given 16 Aug for my ship date. I've asked my recruiter a few times over the last few months as things unfolded and he said I am still shipping then. I haven't asked recently, basically the month of May, but am taking it as no news is good news.