• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Consequences for Veterans and/or retirees in the 2021 DC Riots

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
The Article II branch of the government directly attacked the Article I branch, attempting to interfere in the Article I branch's job of certifying the election of the Article II branch lead's replacement.

So now the Article I branch has impeached him and will try him to ensure he appropriately can't hold another federal job.
I’m still waiting for your post showing me where he called for violence... ??

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Really interesting to see the 6 Jan rioters take the "Nuremberg defense", citing Trump himself as the instigator. Meanwhile, Trump's defenders continue to asset he didn't incite violence. Not sure what tactics his legal team will use, but it's an interesting position for everyone involved.

I think the burden of proof in this case is such that there is a singificant chance Trump will be acquitted. In which case, all this impeachment will have done is create a distracting public spectacle and emboldened a potential Trump 2024 campaign.

Suffice it to say, I think this impeachment is a mistake and runs counter to the goal of reducing the temperature of US politics.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Impeachment is about firing the guy and guaranteeing he can't be rehired. That's a different criteria from determining criminality. Lots of rioters have been fired while awaiting criminal prosecution too.

As for the Senate trial, I am really looking forward to witnesses like this guy (former sailor, of course)

The lawyer for domestic terrorist Jacob Chansley (aka Jake Angeli or the QAnon Shaman) says his client feels “duped” by Donald Trump.

Attorney Al Watkins told KSDK: “Let’s roll the tape. Let’s roll the months of lies, and misrepresentations and horrific innuendo and hyperbolic speech by our president designed to inflame, enrage, motivate. What’s really curious is the reality that our president, as a matter of public record, invited these individuals, as President, to walk down to the capitol with him.”

“He regrets very very much having not just been duped by the President, but by being in a position where he allowed that duping to put him in a position to make decisions he should not have made,” Watkins continued.
If the news source refers to a dipshit in a costume as a “domestic terrorist”, you should find a different news source.

taxi1

pilot
I’m still waiting for your post showing me where he called for violence... ??
It was an intentional dereliction of duty to not tell his supporters to stand down immediately once he knew they were attacking the police and destroying property. He watched for an hour and a half. I'm sure that will come up in the trial.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Quite true. It will be interesting to see how the Senate will get around to trying a "private citizen," a task it technically can not do, without it becoming a Bill of Attainder. Not saying it can't be done, just that the legal jujitsu will be interesting.
They're not trying him for a criminal offense, so the jurisdictional argument becomes less compelling. In a military analogy, it's more like an ADSEP board than CM.

taxi1

pilot
If the news source refers to a dipshit in a costume as a “domestic terrorist”, you should find a different news source.
Not all of the dipshits were in costume.

Defense lawyers are going to laser dot Trump's virtual forehead with the incitement argument. I'm surprised he didn't pardon them all.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
They're not trying him for a criminal offense, so the jurisdictional argument becomes less compelling. In a military analogy, it's more like an ADSEP board than CM.
I get it, and I don't disagree, but the question might be "did he run out the clock" and hence become a private citizen?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I forgot to add that your take reminded me that Trump is getting a pension and that might be the way to pull him back in...interesting.

taxi1

pilot
None of them are terrorists. Just like it wasn’t an ARMED INSURRECTION. Grow the fuck up.
None of the dipshits' criminal charges accuse them of ARMED INSURRECTION, just of crimes. Pay the fuck attention. They are going to claim Trump incited them to those crimes, and use Trump's words as evidence. In trial after trial after trial.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
None of the dipshits' criminal charges accuse them of ARMED INSURRECTION, just of crimes. Pay the fuck attention. They are going to claim Trump incited them to those crimes, and use Trump's words as evidence. In trial after trial after trial.
Yet you posted a story that casually referred to a moron wearing horns and carrying a flag as a domestic terrorist. I know from previous interactions with you your limited intelligence makes you an easy target, that’s why I’m suggesting you reevaluate your news sources.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I quote stupid stuff from you all the time in my posts. Doesn't mean I am agreeing with them.
So you agree that calling them domestic terrorists is inappropriate? You had an opportunity to say that but instead you pivoted to an argument about Trump.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
It was an intentional dereliction of duty to not tell his supporters to stand down immediately once he knew they were attacking the police and destroying property. He watched for an hour and a half. I'm sure that will come up in the trial.
So you got nothing! Orange Man bad gotcha!

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
The same words that you can’t seem to show me?