• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Congrats to all the FY12 DH selectees!!

MasterBates

Most of those that I know, I can see.

I also don't see a couple that have me scratching my head.

And I see one that has a DUI AND PRT failures and I'm scratching my head (as I was last year when they made LCDR)

In other excellent news, I think I win the "Last JO Standing" award from my OCS class. The other holdout is on the DH list.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Would it have killed them to freakin' alphabetize that list?

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
I didn't look real hard at all the communities but for HSC and HSM there was only 1 OP-T. Last year they each had 5. Both groups had 6 or 7 less people selected for OP as well.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
I think what you're seeing is a hint towards the next few years: no DH screen board. So many dudes have been jaded by the blood baths of the past few years and dropped their letters - what you have now are just enough people left opting in to fill the billets. Really really doubt you'll see a DH screen board next year.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
I think what you're seeing is a hint towards the next few years: no DH screen board. So many dudes have been jaded by the blood baths of the past few years and dropped their letters - what you have now are just enough people left opting in to fill the billets. Really really doubt you'll see a DH screen board next year.

I disagree. I think it is getting tougher. In HSC 13 did not make it last year for OP. This year that number will be higher. I can come up with several names that were up for DH but did not make it.

MasterBates

Maybe in other communities, but I saw a lot of good dudes missing from the HSM/HSL and VAW lists. And not a lot of OP-T love thrown to the good dudes who did not select last year either.

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
Definately see some surprises, good ones. At first glance on the VP side, it looks like a pretty high selection percentage.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Operational and Operational-Training. Those on their "First Look" and "Second Look" are screened for Department Head in the fleet. If you don't make the cut on the Second Look, then there is a "Third Look" at the same time. Basically it's for those that didn't quite make the cut for the fleet but would still be good as a Department Head in a training (or similar) squadron.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
OP-T sounds like scam city. "Oh, you mean I DON'T have to go back to an operational squadron, and I get to keep my fatcat bonus. Shucks."

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
I disagree. I think it is getting tougher. In HSC 13 did not make it last year for OP. This year that number will be higher. I can come up with several names that were up for DH but did not make it.

Not sure what your second sentence was supposed to say. At any rate - I maintain there will not be a ADHSB next year - whether or not that will be the case for every community - I don't know. Not even sure if they can have DHSBs for some but not all.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
- I maintain there will not be a ADHSB next year - ....

I am so far removed from current Navy and current mentality anything I know or say is subject to ridicule. However, I do know folks that do know, ergo my info is de factor second hand. Don't bother to rain on me, my skin is so thick and hearing so bad I do not listen anyway. But -

A. As I understand the Navy took a bunch of folks that should screen for DH and moved them forward. Navy wide or community wide I do not know.

B. The most Fy11 O-4 promotions were lumped into the final month of Fy11 as a budgetary move.

My point is not what will happen other than it is happening. No jokes please, but I remember back in the '70's we had similar landscape; that is; the Navy saying that they do not necessary need good people, they just need a certain number of people. Lots of folks punched out, both O/E, including me because it was just numbers, nothing personal, just business.

That said I think there is wisdom in LSO's wave-off.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
A. As I understand the Navy took a bunch of folks that should screen for DH and moved them forward. Navy wide or community wide I do not know.

B. The most Fy11 O-4 promotions were lumped into the final month of Fy11 as a budgetary move.

A. I don't think anyone is getting moved up for DH. They only get looked at after they select for O-4.

B. Even with the O-4 promotions getting pushed back the numbers selected were the same.

If you look at the promotion zone forecast for O-5 it is sliding right from 15 years to 16 years for URL. FY12 O-5 flowpoint is 15 yeas 7 months. FY16 O-5 flowpoint is 16 years 9 months. I know those numbers have lots of room to shift.

With less people selected are there less DH spots? I know the FRS will stop being OP-T spots this year. Which accounts for the 90% lower selection rate for OP-T.