• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Congrats to all the FY12 DH selectees!!

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
So, is the conclusion that you basically need an EP out of your first shore tour so that you can get FRS/WTI/TPS? And if you don't get that EP, don't expect to make DH?

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
As I've always heard, Detailers don't lie, it's just that sometimes the truth changes.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
So, is the conclusion that you basically need an EP out of your first shore tour so that you can get FRS/WTI/TPS? And if you don't get that EP, don't expect to make DH?

The conclusion is that IOT make yourself as competitive as possible you should be leaving each of your commands with an EP (if you can get one from a large summary group that spans several months - that's where you really want to be). Not doing so is not necessarily the proverbial kiss of death (as FY12 ADHSB debrief slides indicate), but it sure makes it harder.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
As I've always heard, Detailers don't lie, it's just that sometimes the truth changes.

I'm guessing in MB's case, that's very true. It was a different career landscape back then, so the selection rates were probably higher which led the detailer to say the things MB mentions.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor

Since according to the brief someone posted, if you don't finish with a competitive EP, then you only have a 27% chance of selection, then yes, if you don't walk out of your first tour with a competitive EP, then you should not be planning on getting offered a DH job.

You may want to look at shore duty that will set you up for post-Navy.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
We all know that EP's is whats needed. The issue to me is jobs. Last year the selection rate for Rotary who did a tour in the VT/HT was 25/32 (91%). This year VT/HT was 38% total. There is not a break down per community in this years brief (why I don't know). There was almost as many Helo guys in the VT/HT's selected last year then everyone combined this year. 26 was the total number of VT/HT selected this year. Hell there were 25 just in the Helo world last year selected. The selection went from 53 down to 26 for VT/HT selection. The selection group got smaller as well but the over % dropped. I attached the slide from last year with the community breakdown.

Smoke

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
Slide didn't upload for some reason. Try #2

Attachments

• 2010 ADHSB Lessons Learned brief 2a.pdf
    193.3 KB · Views: 53