• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CNAF/CNATRA Callsign Review Boards?

SlickAg

pilot
See...it impacts you as well...you were hurt that @nittany03 gave you the forum call sign “guy.”
I was trying to emphasize that there is a HUGE difference between the dudes up front and the moles in the back of the Hawkeye. If you want to compare the nerdiness of VAW and VAQ double-anchor types, sure, go right ahead.

I mean, smileys in effect and everything, but seriously.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I wonder if any call signs that aren’t kosher today will one day be okay in the future, when less controversial. Like, call sign COVID as some witty, personalized acronym.

Angry

NFO in Jax
None
Nerdiest dude I ever met in the Navy was a VP NFO, legit on the spectrum, just not formally diagnosed. He went through FO to Pilot transition and just winged as a NA. As far as I'm concerned, Pilots can no longer pretend to be cooler than NFOs...

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
AOCS classmate of mine got S-3's after winging, managed to get into A-7's then transitioned to F/A-18's and ended up being CO of an east coast squadron. We all used to say he must have done anything and everything imaginable to get that far and his callsign became "Slut". It was interesting to hear CSFWL call him that several times while speaking at his change of command. That would definitely not happen in today's PC environment. Sidenote: he was the lead singer in a band in college at UNC and worked cruise boats for awhile, and even sang the National Anthem at a Jacksonville Jaguars home game once while still on active duty. We often wondered why he ever went into the Navy.