• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CNAF/CNATRA Callsign Review Boards?

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Easy there guy, he said he doesn’t feel like thread diving.

?

Cool, so it was the story I thought it was. A lot easier to mitigate the race card if you don't have to work "Ahh, I mean, the callsign was racist, but everything else was totally above board, trust me" into your defense ?‍♂️

SlickAg

pilot
Cool, so it was the story I thought it was. A lot easier to mitigate the race card if you don't have to work "Ahh, I mean, the callsign was racist, but everything else was totally above board, trust me" into your defense ?‍♂️
So formulating and typing that response was quicker than going to page one and doing a quick perusal of the thread?

TLDR; interesting that you think it’s too bad about the codification of the callsign rules since you seem to be very onboard with the instruction.

FinkUFreaky

pilot
Well it's just as likely that a white guy with the callsign "radio", of which I've known at least one, could be perceived by someone (if all that matters is that person's perception) as "cultural appropriation." So I guess nobody can have it. My callsign is very innocuous, and yet I'm sure someone somewhere could be offended.

SlickAg

pilot
I think people shouldn't be cunts to each other, but that doesn't imply my support of a "CNAFINST 69.690 Guidelines for Avoidance of Cuntiness" as the medium to get there :)
Is this when I go to the IG for your use of language that is unprofessional, demeaning to women, and lacking in good judgement?

:)

(Am I playing this game right??)

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
You're all aviators...I'm sure you're smart enough to know when you're treading a line that's out of step with the times, and funny enough that you can figure out something just as funny that doesn't put yourself in hot water :)

Don't worry, aviation will still be cool even if the tradition changes ?

Birdbrain

pilot
I always thought callsigns were a way of bonding between squadron members. Last names are formal, first names are personal, but nicknames may be only known by a tight team of people and they are typically insulting. Teammates on any team I've ever been on insult each other lightheartedly because they know each other on a deeper personal level and it's funny because it's irreverent. Like a joke, it has to be just irreverent enough to be funny but not so irreverent that you simply insult somebody. A joke that's too innocent is lame and a joke that's too demeaning will make people wince. It's a fine line that's tough to walk these days especially for comedians and there's plenty of evidence if you google this topic.