• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CNAF/CNATRA Callsign Review Boards?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not going to out my squadron here. When we the enlisted found out what one of the call signs was we were blown away by it. It isn't kinda racist, it is the guy from backwoods missouri called it racist kind of racist.

So one, not some? I didn’t ask what squadron but what kind, and without the callsign we can’t really say one way or another on it. I am still wary because it is doubtful in today’s environment to get away with something ‘blantantly’ racist.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not going to out my squadron here, this isn't the forum to address the specific issue. When we the enlisted found out what one of the call signs was we were blown away by it. It isn't kinda racist, it is the guy from backwoods missouri called it racist kind of racist.
Did you bring it up to someone in your CoC directly, or through the CO’s suggestion box anonymously? If it is as inappropriate as you say, that could very well be the impetus that gets your triad engaged to address it.

HuggyU2

None
Are we talking about former Blue Angel LT Larry “Fudge” Packer?
Haha! I saw Fudge at El Centro's Airshow 2 years ago, and keep in touch with him about once a year. First met him at the PCola airshow in '97 or '98. I'll have to ask him if how that was handled. My memory is that Fudge was still "Fudge".
One of the funniest, wittiest guys you will ever meet.

djj34

pilot
One of the black guys in my squadron had 10 of 17 callsigns proposed that literally had to do with his skin color and nothing else that he'd done. I had 4 that had to do with my skin color despite already having a callsign granted by the [since-relieved] CO. Yes, we counted.

Neither of us were upset enough to go to military.com about it, but neither of us were very impressed with the ready room's ingenuity. Neither of us are being eyed for FFPB, either. I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Neither of us are being eyed for FFPB, either. I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes.
In one of these guy’s cases, I believe it made quite a bit of difference. Also, understand that the WhatsAp transcript was given to the IG by another instructor....trust your groups as much as you want, but keep that little gem in your back pockets.

MGoBrew11

pilot
Neither of us were upset enough to go to military.com about it, but neither of us were very impressed with the ready room's ingenuity. Neither of us are being eyed for FFPB, either. I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes.

This just reinforces what others have said though. The attrited students are trying to blame their deficiencies on institutional racism. Their callsigns, inappropriate or not, have nothing to do with their struggles in the syllabus. I doubt their race had much/anything to do with it either.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
In one of these guy’s cases, I believe it made quite a bit of difference. Also, understand that the WhatsAp transcript was given to the IG by another instructor....trust your groups as much as you want, but keep that little gem in your back pockets.
Maybe try not being racist?

That’d work too.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Maybe try not being racist?

That’d work too.
C’mon man. Don’t bring that false dichotomy at me. You know that’s not who I am and not what I wrote.

People have a strange way of finding new offenses when their own actions/performance come under scrutiny. That is known. You can dismiss it - you’d be incorrect.

Secondly, being mindful of what one puts in a group chat is just good head work. You can try to make more of that statement of fact - you’d again be incorrect.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Secondly, being mindful of what one puts in a group chat is just good head work.

Also don't trust NMCI distro lists. The ITs can randomly and incorrectly add people in there without anyone else knowing it unless they expand the distro list.

At the K-Bay bar, we had a Marine CAPT come up and mention that he totally agreed with a couple of us JOs about how one particular JO made a complete fool of himself on email. After that, any JO email shenanigans were to specific people only.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Secondly, being mindful of what one puts in a group chat is just good head work. You can try to make more of that statement of fact - you’d again be incorrect.
I’m calling you out for saying “be careful who you share things with” in the context of a thread about sending racist messages.

That’s it, that’s all.

Reg-A-Muffin0716

Resist, Retaliate, Press Forward!
I solved the problem. I expect royalties for this.

Nevermind, "What is your redneck leprechaun name?" probably will get me in trouble with both rednecks and leprechauns.

How about these:

What is your unicorn name?
View attachment 22102
What is your mermaid name?

View attachment 22103
Here is another totally safe for work (and lame) example:

View attachment 22101

Allow me to take jabs at these:
  1. Luna Sunshine
  2. Aqua Sapphire Angel
  3. Crunchy Mighty Puff

All reminiscent of this pilot from VFA-27 (almost a decade ago btw) with the call-sign "Fisty McBeef Punch"