• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CNAF/CNATRA Callsign Review Boards?

Reg-A-Muffin0716

Resist, Retaliate, Press Forward!
I'm kinda curious too, so I looked it up in urban dictionary. Sure enough, in the right context it's got an old fashioned racist connotation... whatever the story behind using the word that way, you got me. I guess I got this far in life not knowing this one. (And WTF?? I happen to really like eggplant the vegetable- seriously.)

And, besides, the tofu and eggplant dish found in any local Chinese fast food place is delish.

Reg-A-Muffin0716

Exactly. The callsigns were pretty tame. “Eight ball” perhaps as the exception unless there’s a story. If they really didn’t like them there’s an existing path. Instead it became an issue after they attrited because they sucked.

Now CNAF embarrasses naval aviation in general with this ludicrous callsign review idea. Good thing there aren’t more important things for the FRS to worry about besides creating a policy for minority specific reviews of unofficial RAG callsigns.

Perhaps, the bearer might have been someone that happened to look like Dorian Harewood in Full Metal Jacket.

Reg-A-Muffin0716

In "Topgun", the black WSO was named "Sundown". Maybe Topgun should be banned from future showings, and all actors that obviously supported that callsign should be blacklisted from Hollywood. Kenny Loggins too.

I take it you derived that from the "Honest Trailer" in YouTube

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
^One more post in the next ten minutes and you get a free set of steak knives...
+1 for the reference

Last edited:

Meffer

Old Screwbird
pilot
Well fellas, having earned my Aviator Wings 50 years ago, the "Good 'ol Days" are lookin' Gooder an' Gooder ! Back when men were men and women were grateful! That is all....carry on !