• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Clearance fiasco..

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
F the airlines...

I’d hold off on that thought until you’ve actually done a squadron tour, your shore tour and are getting close to the end of your wings. obligation.

I’ve heard many at your stage express this sentiment only to be counting the days until they can get out and go to an airline.

I know some of is in jest, but bombarding an FRS student with a bunch of airline talk is poor form.

Only if you’re a kool-aid guzzler.

Mckegger

pilot
I’d hold off on that thought until you’ve actually done a squadron tour, your shore tour and are getting close to the end of your wings. obligation.

I’ve heard many at your stage express this sentiment only to be counting the days until they can get out and go to an airline.

Well very respectfully, with my previous flight time and many friends who are in the airlines, it’s terrible at the moment. Don’t get me wrong, it’d be an awesome career regardless. I’d just like to have more of a purpose than flying people from point A to point B. I’ve seen a handful of people just keel over at any imperfection the Navy has to throw at them. I’m not one of those guys. I’m here to fly for the US Navy. So if you’re to trying to deter me from that dream, you can, once again very respectfully, step off. This post was intended to steer me in the direction for help in my current situation. I appreciate the help I’ve gained from those concerned to help me make my dream come true.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot

F the airlines (for me), and I'm not only past MSR; I'm 6 months from 20 and close to redesignating from 1310. It's not right for everyone, and kudos to anyone who, in a Sun-Tzuian sense, knows themself... especially early in life.

I ❤️ the mission more than the flying, and A-to-B doesn't cut it for me. Now I'd never say flying for the airlines is stupid, because the money and lifestyle (2020 notwithstanding) are awesome. In fact, I've encouraged JOs who love flying for flying's sake to think about it.

It's not all Airlines or Kool-Aid, POTUS-worship or treason, pick-your-false-dichotomy, etc.

Mos

None
Well very respectfully,...
Qeue completely unnecessary bashing of the overly defensive nugget, followed by further questioning of nugget's motivation, followed by dog pile on nugget and beating of dead horse wrt how nugget is a know-nothing little shit, followed by defense of the nugget by members who dislike Hal, followed by beating of the dead horse wrt how new people need to be cut a break, followed by balking and indignation by the good ol boys who think nuggets should know their place, followed by pedantic arguing, followed by personal attacks, followed by post deletions, followed by complaints, followed by thread lock in 3, 2, 1...

Edit: and yeah, fuck the airlines.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I know some of is in jest, but bombarding an FRS student with a bunch of airline talk is poor form.

Don’t be ridiculous.

Statistically a fixed wing pilot going to go airlines or other flying job at some point in his flying career. Pretending the airlines don’t exist in the forums isn’t going to change that, or prevent shit leadership from senior officers and Big Navy from driving pilots towards the airlines.

Instead of treating Airline like a four letter word and trying to quell its usage in an aviation forum, maybe you should take this pause in airline hiring to get together with your peers and masters and figure out why NAE drives people to turn down $100K+ bonuses and pensions to leave for airlines paying $36k a year to start.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Clearance issues suck. But they will sort themselves out. Take a breath and relax - it’s way better that a clearance screw up was caused by them than by you. You’ll be fine.

snake020

Contributor
I genuinely appreciate the input. I’ll check back in on Monday with CSM; and SSO if necessary. I’ll keep pressing them to get it done. I hate being outside the realm of control on this one.

Not your fault. This whole process is too much of a black box with seemingly too little accountability for those running it in proportion to those investigated. Keep the pressure on.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Well very respectfully, with my previous flight time and many friends who are in the airlines, it’s terrible at the moment. Don’t get me wrong, it’d be an awesome career regardless. I’d just like to have more of a purpose than flying people from point A to point B. I’ve seen a handful of people just keel over at any imperfection the Navy has to throw at them. I’m not one of those guys. I’m here to fly for the US Navy. So if you’re to trying to deter me from that dream, you can, once again very respectfully, step off. This post was intended to steer me in the direction for help in my current situation. I appreciate the help I’ve gained from those concerned to help me make my dream come true.

I'm not telling you to do the Navy half-assed or have an attitude of I'm only here for the future airline job. I'm just saying don't intentionally close the door on anything until you actually are at the point in your Navy career where it's a choice. You don't know what the future will bring or how you'll feel in 8 or 9 years. To just blatantly say F' the airlines at this point is just meaningless.

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
Not your fault. This whole process is too much of a black box with seemingly too little accountability for those running it in proportion to those investigated. Keep the pressure on.
I keep seeing this thread and reading it as “Clarence Fiasco” and I think that would be a great cover name or alter ego.

taxi1

pilot
F the airlines...
I got to spend the holidays with my girlfriend (who ended up eventually being my wife) when my parents were stationed overseas and I couldn't travel. Getting ready to drive back home, her father was talking to me and said out of the blue, "Taxi1, what are your intentions?"

I looked him straight in the eye and replied, "Traffic shouldn't be too bad, so I'll take the beltway around DC. Be home in 6-7 hours."

It's ok to have opinions and then to change your mind Mckegger. :rolleyes: