• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Clearance fiasco..

Mckegger

pilot
Just got to the FRS. Checking in with CSM I come to find out my clearance reads “Adjudication action Incomplete - Loss of Jurisdiction”. I’ve now been around the ringer with 3 different people telling me 3 different stories at CSM...
  1. I was never gained by my training wing organization thus when they were adjudicating my TS/SCI, and saw I wasn’t part of any organization, the process stopped.
  2. An agent reached out to my command last August (2019) asking for information on me but no one replied.. so the adjudication paused in November of 2019.
  3. My clearance was completely revoked, I shouldn’t have gone to SERE, and technically was a “breach of security, and the process is going to have to be completely restarted.

My record is clean, other than several speeding tickets.. I even disclosed that at MEPS though. Can anyone possibly elaborate on this? And, if possible, point me in a direction I can get additional info on the matter? Or am I stuck at the mercy of CSM?

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
Possibly go to the SSO or SSR on base and as they might have a better understanding of this than your average CSM. Typically they will be a GS employee with more longevity in the seat and dealing in the security world is their job vs a collateral duty of a CSM. That's the most help I can offer as this sounds like it was a administrative screw up during the investigation. That is unless you're a Russian Spy.

Mckegger

pilot
Possibly go to the SSO or SSR on base and as they might have a better understanding of this than your average CSM. Typically they will be a GS employee with more longevity in the seat and dealing in the security world is their job vs a collateral duty of a CSM. That's the most help I can offer as this sounds like it was a administrative screw up during the investigation.

I’ll give them a try.. it sounds like a royal administrative mess up.. which I was never notified whatsoever about.

That is unless you're a Russian Spy.

i did admit to being a masked vigilante who spends his nights beating criminals to a pulp.. but that didn’t seem to raise any flags with them over at NCIS.

exNavyOffRec

I would bet it is number 1 or 2, I had something similar with one of my sailors, he was in the training pipeline and a question involved a ticket (non-speeding) he shouldn't have rec'd but he paid it as he was on leave and didn't want to go back home and fight it later, the investigator contact the command but he had left, so they pulled/stopped the process for clearance.

He had to write some statement and he ended up getting at least an interim clearance 4-8 weeks later? (it was many years ago).

The CSM should be able to reach out and get exactly what the issue was/is, at least that is what our CSM did back then.

I hope it is a simple fix as I know how much fun security clearances are, in the mean time it is Friday so relax and have a shot of Vodka comrade :D

Mckegger

pilot
I would bet it is number 1 or 2, I had something similar with one of my sailors, he was in the training pipeline and a question involved a ticket (non-speeding) he shouldn't have rec'd but he paid it as he was on leave and didn't want to go back home and fight it later, the investigator contact the command but he had left, so they pulled/stopped the process for clearance.

He had to write some statement and he ended up getting at least an interim clearance 4-8 weeks later? (it was many years ago).

The CSM should be able to reach out and get exactly what the issue was/is, at least that is what our CSM did back then.

I hope it is a simple fix as I know how much fun security clearances are, in the mean time it is Friday so relax and have a shot of Vodka comrade :D

Appreciate the influence! I got rolled into the next class here at the FRS due to this little screw up.. so I’ll have 6 weeks worth of Friday’s to enjoy myself

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Just got to the FRS. Checking in with CSM I come to find out my clearance reads “Adjudication action Incomplete - Loss of Jurisdiction”. I’ve now been around the ringer with 3 different people telling me 3 different stories at CSM...
  1. I was never gained by my training wing organization thus when they were adjudicating my TS/SCI, and saw I wasn’t part of any organization, the process stopped.
  2. An agent reached out to my command last August (2019) asking for information on me but no one replied.. so the adjudication paused in November of 2019.
  3. My clearance was completely revoked, I shouldn’t have gone to SERE, and technically was a “breach of security, and the process is going to have to be completely restarted.
My record is clean, other than several speeding tickets.. I even disclosed that at MEPS though. Can anyone possibly elaborate on this? And, if possible, point me in a direction I can get additional info on the matter? Or am I stuck at the mercy of CSM?

The VPenis let a NFO with marital ties to the PRC communist party, who lost a classified drive, and then left hundreds of pounds of classified material out unsecured on a hangar floor for weeks, keep his clearance for years. You’ll be fine. If anyone really cared, they’d find a way to grant you an interim clearance. If not, every day it takes is a day burned off of your disappointment sea tour before you get out and go to the airlines.

Mckegger

pilot
The VPenis let a NFO with marital ties to the PRC communist party, who lost a classified drive, and then left hundreds of pounds of classified material out unsecured on a hangar floor for weeks, keep his clearance for years. You’ll be fine. If anyone really cared, they’d find a way to grant you an interim clearance. If not, every day it takes is a day burned off of your disappointment sea tour before you get out and go to the airlines.

Literally had a chat with the LT in CSM that morning saying they’re just going to give me interim clearance so I could remain in this class... come back that afternoon with the paperwork and Chief had a different take on the situation which was story number 3. After doing some research, I’m pretty certain it’s 1 or 2. Someone, or myself, would’ve had to have received a notice of revocation and I’d have to be given a chance to appeal if necessary. I’m just surprised no one at my last command notified me/no one caught the admin mess up.. I find it hard to believe too that SERE would’ve missed that note. Considering most of the briefs were at the confidential/secret level over there.

F the airlines... I honestly didn’t bust my ass to get my first choice only to be pulled for some administrative hiccup. I’ll step off the soapbox now.. Really I can only blame myself for signing up for this haha.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
F the airlines... I honestly didn’t bust my ass to get my first choice only to be pulled for some administrative hiccup. I’ll step off the soapbox now.. Really I can only blame myself for signing up for this haha.

Oh nos, you’ve only got something like a 9% chance of being a Squadron CO with everything going right. Times’a wastin. Starting you career in the fleet with a security violation and an FRS delay isn’t going to help your cause. You won’t get the good squadron, with the cool patch, in Jacksonville and that house in Fleming Island now. You’ll be stuck going to Whidby in the squadron with the smelly AWs, fat chiefs and grumpy XO that makes you work weekends and that run down house in Oak harbor. You’re one MPRA Admirals lost Q room away from an early rotation to a VUP tour as it is. Keep it up and you’ll be an OP-T Tacron before you know it.

Mckegger

pilot
Oh nos, you’ve only got something like a 9% chance of being a Squadron CO with everything going right. Times’a wastin. Starting you career in the fleet with a security violation and an FRS delay isn’t going to help your cause. You won’t get the good squadron, with the cool patch, in Jacksonville and that house in Fleming Island now. You’ll be stuck going to Whidby in the squadron with the smelly AWs, fat chiefs and grumpy XO that makes you work weekends and that run down house in Oak harbor. You’re one MPRA Admirals lost Q room away from an early rotation to a VUP tour as it is. Keep it up and you’ll be an OP-T Tacron before you know it.

Thanks for all your love and support

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
F the airlines...

That's a bold statement for someone who hasn't even sat through a systems brief at the FRS yet.

Good luck with the CSM fuckery. I seem to remember the admin sandcrabs from my two trips through the RAG being barely sentient beings, so ya got that going for you.

Mckegger

pilot
That's a bold statement for someone who hasn't even sat through a systems brief at the FRS yet.

Good luck with the CSM fuckery. I seem to remember the admin sandcrabs from my two trips through the RAG being barely sentient beings, so ya got that going for you.

Sorry, the point I guess I was trying to get across was I’d rather fly in the Navy over an airline any day. I’m willing to push all my efforts to my wits’ end to get it taken care of if necessary. I’d say they’re still more organized here than my last command... which isn’t saying a whole lot, but gives some glimmer of hope it’ll be taken care of somewhat expeditiously, sort of..

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know some of is in jest, but bombarding an FRS student with a bunch of airline talk is poor form. He will know if that path is right for him of his own accord. To the OP, congratulations on your accomplishments thus far. Don’t let the embittered minority here phase you. This clearance thing will work itself out. Expend zero energy worrying about it and enjoy the new airplane!

AULANI

As the SSR at my command (yeah for being the most junior officer) it's definitely not #3. You never had SCI so it couldn't have been revoked. It's a combination of #1 and #2. Your investigation was going through and then you switched commands so your former command did the right thing and released you in JPAS. Most likely DODCAF tried to review your investigation for adjudication (or to review any possible incident reports) but because you were in-between commands at the same time they tried you got the "Loss of Jurisdiction" entered in JPAS. Your new SSO (once they gain you) needs to submit a Research/Recertify/Upgrade (RRU) to DODCAF.

Mckegger

pilot
As the SSR at my command (yeah for being the most junior officer) it's definitely not #3. You never had SCI so it couldn't have been revoked. It's a combination of #1 and #2. Your investigation was going through and then you switched commands so your former command did the right thing and released you in JPAS. Most likely DODCAF tried to review your investigation for adjudication (or to review any possible incident reports) but because you were in-between commands at the same time they tried you got the "Loss of Jurisdiction" entered in JPAS. Your new SSO (once they gain you) needs to submit a Research/Recertify/Upgrade (RRU) to DODCAF.

I genuinely appreciate the input. I’ll check back in on Monday with CSM; and SSO if necessary. I’ll keep pressing them to get it done. I hate being outside the realm of control on this one.