• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chinese spy balloons floating over the US and latin america

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
Didn't mean to imply that the entire airshow crowd was composed of Cheeto-encrusted nerds. I flew jets because my dad and I were part of said crowd in the 80s and 90s at Burke Lakefront Airport. :)

That said, anyone who's done that or who's done a XC to an airshow knows that amongst the airshow crowd, there's a subset of . . . umm . . . those people. And if they're not at the airshow, they're definitely trying to assert their dominance amongst themselves on Reddit via Wikipedia and Jane's.
Same I've done both sides. Some where is a French guy telling his family about the Marines who let him dress up in a poopy suit and tight parachute harness on the hot flightline after he tried to show off for his girlfriend in the 80's

Last edited:

jmcquate

Contributor
Didn't mean to imply that the entire airshow crowd was composed of Cheeto-encrusted nerds. I flew jets because my dad and I were part of said crowd in the 80s and 90s at Burke Lakefront Airport. :)

That said, anyone who's done that or who's done a XC to an airshow knows that amongst the airshow crowd, there's a subset of . . . umm . . . those people. And if they're not at the airshow, they're definitely trying to assert their dominance amongst themselves on Reddit via Wikipedia and Jane's.
I to attended many a Cleveland Air Show in the 80s. It was a great way to end the summer before going back to school.

CallumJohn

Apparently like 3 of the balloons shot down were just random civvie balloons, stuff from a school festival or birthday balloons etc.. Sort of a waste of missiles. In other news, Avalon starts march 3rd Australia time