• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chinese spy balloons floating over the US and latin america

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
The entire point of Chinese ideology is that they are trying to create a world order where China is at the top and other countries are more or less feudal tributaries to the Middle Kingdom. So their reaction is more in line with them thinking that we really got caught poaching one of the King's deer.

“Let Me Put It To You This Way Try Building Something Taller Than Three Stories In The Tiangjin Province and see how far you get.”

397EFC56-B925-4FAF-9F3F-E9FE05D8A7E2.jpeg

Random8145

I'm so fucking sick of the UFO/UAP = Aliens garbage. Get a life, people, or if that's too hard, get an Xbox or something.

I had a distant family member ask me once if I'd ever seen a UFO. I said I'd seen enough things that fooled me at first which turned out to be airplanes or weather phenomena that I was skeptical of anything that was immediately attributed to TS tech or ZOMG Aliens. He got really upset with me because he knows multiple airline pilots who can confirm "the truth is out there" and my answer was "typical government CYA", and blah blah blah. It got rapidly contentious, when I was just trying to answer his question in good faith.

I won't make that mistake again.
Asking if the sightings by military pilots of aircraft performing impossible maneuvers or moving at impossible speeds isn't out of reason. The problem is when anything unidentified gets tagged as aliens and/or when, as you said, it's more about confirming preexisting beliefs.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Asking if the sightings by military pilots of aircraft performing impossible maneuvers or moving at impossible speeds isn't out of reason.
Show me an independently confirmed case of something performing "impossible maneuvers" (whatever that means) or moving at impossible speeds and we can begin to talk about what is or isn't reasonable. I've had plenty of radar contacts appear out of nowhere, move at impossible speeds, then disappear completely. The reason I didn't conclude that it was an alien/advanced Chinese tech is because false radar contacts are a fairly common thing and tend to present in similar ways. I'm not going to rehash all of the excellent debunking of the various cockpit videos out there. None of that is evidence of anything extraordinary... other than people's imaginations.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Was discussing sovereign airspace today with some colleagues, I found this answer (the practical limit of national airspace is somewhere between 100 Km (62 mi) and 160 Km (99 miles) above sea level). Does this jive with the knowledges of you smart folks?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Was discussing sovereign airspace today with some colleagues, I found this answer (the practical limit of national airspace is somewhere between 100 Km (62 mi) and 160 Km (99 miles) above sea level). Does this jive with the knowledges of you smart folks?
That is an interesting question! I think, since America owns the moon, it is much higher…for us.

2563AAF9-6403-4399-BC26-F8EE7FCEE8E0.jpeg