• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Check out MCPON's new duds

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Apparently you're not as messy as I am. Mrs. Pags spent the entire week chasing me around with a Tide To Go pen. I picked up some stains that no washing machine or dry cleaner has been able to get rid of.
You took your wife to Fleet Week?!?!?! No wonder you're complaining about wearing whites in NYC.

Moron.:icon_rage

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
It seems that the Navy folks didn't look at the Table of Service Equivalent Uniforms in the Uniform Regs, or they would have been in SDBs.
Even using your table, I think it was the appropriate uniform.

When I was a Southcom, we interepted that table the same way. We would have worn summer whites. In fact, VADM Doran (the DCINC) called the uniform board once when GEN Clark (the CINC...yes....that guy) insisted we had to wear SBDs in the summer since he was making the Army guys wear their full get-up with blouse for all meetings.

Of course chokers would have been appropriate by the table too. VADM Doran told all the Navy guys at a Navy-only happy hour that he was glad GEN Clark was not able to figure this out when he won the summer whites battle....

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
There seems to be a LOT of confusion re: uniforms .... sooooooooooooooooooooo .... here's the deal-io:

Service Dress Blues are here to stay .... and they're pretty classy ...

Service Dress Khakis are GREAT .... love 'em ... live in 'em ... appreciate 'em ...

Aviation Working Greens are GREAT ... and "aviation", too ...

Trop Khakis are GREAT ... a "renaissance" uniform, if you will ...

Trop Whites are .... O.K. .... and the women really dig 'em ... so deal w/ the combination cover ... :)

Choker Whites ... O.K. ... and the women, etc., etc. .... :)

Zoom Bags (a.k.a. flight suits) are GREAT ... and what set us apart from the rest of the "herd" ... :)

Nothing else counts ... except for a swim suit/T-shirt/Flip-flops ...

Soooooooooooooo ... what's the question???

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
GOTTA LOVE PT UNIFORMS!!

usmc_women_pt_1985.JPG

SOUTH CAROLINA (SC)
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)
DoD photo by: SGT R. KLIKA
Date Shot: 20 Jun 1985

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"REAL" PT UNI's .... :)

pensacolaimage9br5.jpg

Down by the seawall ... outside the old gym ... KNPA ... in a time far, far away .... :)
Sheesh. You can hear the Kenny Loggins music in the background if you listen hard enough. :icon_tong

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Sheesh. You can hear the Kenny Loggins music in the background if you listen hard enough. :icon_tong
Naaaaaaaaa ..... Kenny Loggins -- home boy -- born Everett, WA ....

But he had not even started his career when the pix was taken ... mebbe Classics IV, Boz Skaggs, Neil Diamond, The Guess Who, or Blood, Sweat, & Tears ... :D .... at least those LP's were heavily represented in the Exchange way, way back then ... :)

Pags

N/A
pilot
You took your wife to Fleet Week?!?!?! No wonder you're complaining about wearing whites in NYC.

Moron.:icon_rage

Oh no! Someone who has a wife who's company they enjoy! Obviously a sub-par aviator!

I had just come home from long cruise and was leaving for ASO school shortly after, so it seemed like (and was) a great chance for us to see NYC and actually get to spend some time together. I had an awesome Boss who gave me 4 nights of overnight so I could make the most of the town.

Plus, after two nights of getting big with the det, my liver needed the break that some civilized company would afford.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Incidentally, if you haven't been lately, the Peecola seawall is being "returned to nature". They're ripping up the concrete pads and building sand dunes with sea oats and live oaks. The logic being, I guess, that sand and trees are cheaper to replace after the next hurricane (G-d forbid) than buildings.

Still, looks nice.

Back on topic: I would be that the pic with the Joint Chiefs, and everybody wearing a jacket and tie but the Navy, is why SDKs are coming back. Hazards of Joint duty: all the big shots want what the other guys have. Yeah, you could wear blues, but who the hell wants to wear blues in DC in the summer?

MasterBates

If I was in DC, I would just wear AWGs if I had to get a suit an tie on.

But, that's just me..

l_4c0b596d28166242c74b464ceceb774e.jpg

If anyone wants to give me shit for being "big" I've lost 40 pounds since that picture was taken

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Congrats on the weight loss MB - I hope you save the AWG's - They're mine if/when I get winged.