• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Check out MCPON's new duds

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Serviec Dress Khaki

I was watching CSPAN yesterday an saw that ADM Mullen was wearing the new SDKs in a press confrence with the SECDEF. One of his aids was also wearing them. A buddy of mine doing NAPS indoc up in Newport saw a Sr Chief wearing them the other day, so my question is: when are they going to be available for purchase? Ive looked on the net but there is scarce information available about them other than they exist. Anyone know anything about it?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
AFAIK (which is really only my having searched for em), they are just making the PR run for now. I am interested in them as well. They look sharp! Don't know when the heck I'd wear em though, besides to synagogue or a formal occasion or something.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
I was thinking the same thing a few weeks ago. Turns out they are only in the Test and Evaluation phase right now.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Forget the SDK, its all about the blue camos......

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
They're no AWGs, but they're still pretty sweet. :) Glad to see the Navy holding onto (and bringing back) tradition in uniforms.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
Don't know when the heck I'd wear em though, besides to synagogue or a formal occasion or something.

I'm not really big on wearing my uniform to temple. I've seen it done, not my thing though. I think it distracts from your reason for being there. I also don't get a chance to wear my actual nice clothes that often, so that makes up for it. (I don't get a chance to wear my nice uniforms that often now that I think of it, been commissioned more than a year and haven't word my SDBs, which could be a good thing...)

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
That's probably a good thing. So far the only reason I've had to wear my SDBs is funerals. Not exactly fond memories.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was watching CSPAN yesterday an saw that ADM Mullen was wearing the new SDKs in a press confrence with the SECDEF. One of his aids was also wearing them. A buddy of mine doing NAPS indoc up in Newport saw a Sr Chief wearing them the other day, so my question is: when are they going to be available for purchase? Ive looked on the net but there is scarce information available about them other than they exist. Anyone know anything about it?

Posted on page 4 of this thread:

Service Dress Khakis are only being wear tested right now. The 'test' runs until the end of August. I imagine we might see a uniform message come out about a year or so from now with any changes.

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2008/04/navy_khakiweartest_043008w/

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Is it bad that SDB's are the only suit I have owned since high school?

I'm in the same boat. The only time it wasa an issue was when I had to hit up a wedding after graduation. There were 10 or 20 of us who were recent USNA grads there (including bride and groom). . .but it wasn't a military wedding. EVERYONE else was wearing a suit or dress. I was the only one in SDBs. Caught some ribbing from the military crew, but the civilian girls ate it up at the reception and they all wanted to wear my "hat". And I never break tradition ;).