• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Check out MCPON's new duds

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Not a fan of buying a new uniform that I won't ever wear, either.

But, I do think we needed something for summer dress wear other than whites.

Ecce absurdem:
493241891_ec7717c690_b.jpg

That said, I'm waiting for my AWG's to come from the NEX!

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not a fan of buying a new uniform that I won't ever wear, either.

But, I do think we needed something for summer dress wear other than whites.

Ecce absurdem:

That said, I'm waiting for my AWG's to come from the NEX!
It seems that the Navy folks didn't look at the Table of Service Equivalent Uniforms in the Uniform Regs, or they would have been in SDBs.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I never understood why we had summer whites, other than tradition, as they are equivalent to khakis.

besides, they don't even go with brown shoes. :icon_wink

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I never understood why we had summer whites, other than tradition, as they are equivalent to khakis.

besides, they don't even go with brown shoes. :icon_wink
As much as everyone whines about wearing whites, the whole light-colors-make-you-less-hot thing really works. I would rather be wearing polyester or cotton Summer Whites on a scorching-ass hot day than wool Service Khakis. Of course you wouldn't find me eating BBQ at that point, either . . .

Pags

N/A
pilot
As much as everyone whines about wearing whites, the whole light-colors-make-you-less-hot thing really works. I would rather be wearing polyester or cotton Summer Whites on a scorching-ass hot day than wool Service Khakis. Of course you wouldn't find me eating BBQ at that point, either . . .

Wear your whites for something like Fleet Week, and you'll see why their so loathsome. I would have killed for some AWGs to ride the subway with. But for some Middle Eastern hot days, I'll take my filthy, nasty tan flight suit.

In the pic that PropAddict put up, you see another benefit of a uniform with a tailored jacket...you don't have to be in perfect shape to look good.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Wear your whites for something like Fleet Week, and you'll see why their so loathsome. I would have killed for some AWGs to ride the subway with. But for some Middle Eastern hot days, I'll take my filthy, nasty tan flight suit.
Eh, I don't think they're all that bad. Even after being in the filthiest of bars in Newport and a weekend in Boston, they come clean easy after just being thrown in the washing machine. I actually prefer them over service khaki because they're a lot more comfortable in the heat.

My biggest gripe with the whites is the shoes, since the only white shoe polish I can find barely does anything.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Eh, I don't think they're all that bad. Even after being in the filthiest of bars in Newport and a weekend in Boston, they come clean easy after just being thrown in the washing machine.

My biggest gripe with the whites is the shoes, since the only white shoe polish I can find barely does anything.

Apparently you're not as messy as I am. Mrs. Pags spent the entire week chasing me around with a Tide To Go pen. I picked up some stains that no washing machine or dry cleaner has been able to get rid of.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Apparently you're not as messy as I am. Mrs. Pags spent the entire week chasing me around with a Tide To Go pen. I picked up some stains that no washing machine or dry cleaner has been able to get rid of.

It took some practice, but I have become very adept at not spilling food and other crap on my whites.

Thing is, the Summer Whites are just as hard/easy to clean as the Service Khakis. Sure, you can see any dirt much more easily on the whites, but both uniforms have the same washing instructions. If you stained your whites that badly, chances are you would've stained your khakis, too.

Pags

N/A
pilot
It took some practice, but I have become very adept at not spilling food and other crap on my whites.

Thing is, the Summer Whites are just as hard/easy to clean as the Service Khakis. Sure, you can see any dirt much more easily on the whites, but both uniforms have the same washing instructions. If you stained your whites that badly, chances are you would've stained your khakis, too.

After countless weddings and that first drunken night in NYC, I stopped caring about my whites. I figured I was going to get a new pair after that det. The nice thing about khakis, is their color. Spill some coffee/beer on them, you'll never see it. Spill anything near the whites: done. But in the end, I try to avoid wearing both and stick to my flight suits that have myriad hydraulic and oil stains on them.