• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cell phones on aircraft

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok, I am not tracking the movie quote... what was the movie? Anybody? Bueller?
76dffebb22137c223194363cc25adce2.jpg

Pags

N/A
pilot
I hope the NMCI/O365 Teams will work on personal devices, because that is a MAJOR benefit of CVR. Last time I tried, it wouldn't let me sign into O365 Teams from my phone.
I don't think it will but I agree that that is a huge benefit to CVR teams.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Pags

N/A
pilot
Given that they're working with MS towards whatever kind of black magic fuckery is necessary under the hood to do classified telework, BYOD should not be insurmountable. Hell, the Reserves had R2S even pre-COVID. I could book berthing, cut orders, check email, and do a travel claim all from my phone . . . albeit with a big CAC-holding dongle sticking out of it, so to speak.
Your mom loves holding a big CAC dongle.

Once the SIPR trons go through whatever magic box is at the end of the metal pipe in the squadron spaces they still end up on the rest of the internet. It's not like they laid SIPR fiber all over the country.

taxi1

pilot
As a side story, when I mobilized and deployed last decade, I was working with the locals lots "outside the wire" so to speak.

Guess who also likes to use email? The locals. Guess who would constantly send stuff to me that was called out in our classification guides?

It was hopeless for Dept of State folks.