• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Caucasian, Guy, Bdcp Selects. ?????

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Just out of curiosity, how did this happen? Change majors? 2nd degree? Change schools?

Stayed in the same school.... I decided to go ahead and roll with BDCP supply (was still Aero Egr)... As I entered my junior year in AE, my grades were too heavily toying with the 2.7 GPA minimum. I'm not the best student, and was struggling keeping my semesterly grades above 2.5. When the CO threatened to make me enlisted, I decided that rather than play with fire (Great Lakes), i'd be better off switching to business and getting the hell outta there. So I put the request chit in, Navy gave me the ok within a week, and off I was.

I later reapplied for redesignation to SNA and was selected.

MasterBates

I always loved having to explain my schools weird grading system every semester to NRD.

GMI was on the "WAG" system

70-100 was a numerical grade assigned to all passed classes
65 for failed classes whether you got a 69.995 or 4.

92 = 4.0 according to their "conversion chart" and deans list required a 91 WAG for the term with no classes/labs below 82.

77 was minimum grade to "get credit" within your major.

Explaining that twice a year, in addition to my "co-op" terms only showing 4 credits (but they don't count towards graduation) to NRD was always a hoot.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
so you were a BDCP Supply select not BDCP SNA select?

Correct.... My wish list was: 1)Pilot 2)Supply 3)NFO. I was denied SNA and SNFO the first time, but was pro-rec'd supply. I went with supply and later on was selected and redesignated to SNA

jwebster412

i was selected for SNFO, BDCP in Feb 2006. I am a white male with very mediocre grades, around 3.0, a Pre-Law major at a crap school, and scores of 67 9/8/9. My thoughts are that the boards look at very specific info when regarding applicants, i.e. the just looked at my ASTB scores. sometimes, its all about timing. another thing to remember is that the Navy is a huge bureaucracy which doesnt always function perfectly. Lots of variables there.

Goob83

None
Correct.... My wish list was: 1)Pilot 2)Supply 3)NFO. I was denied SNA and SNFO the first time, but was pro-rec'd supply. I went with supply and later on was selected and redesignated to SNA
how did you do that redesignation thing i have a few folks that would like to do that. did you reapply or just send a letter to someone