• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Caucasian, Guy, Bdcp Selects. ?????

Goob83

None
I'm sorry, maybe I'm missing something (probably not), but the very fact that you're asking this question makes me wonder if "your" applicants might not be better served by someone else. To extrapolate your own experience of three applicants, then draw pretty outlandish conclusions about the program as a whole, makes me wonder about your competence. BTW, BDCP is not a diversity program - you're probably thinking of BOOST.

Brett
Yes you are missing a clue and talking out your A$$$. I understand you are not in this environment and you like causing trouble. I am one of the top OR's in the Nation. With a high select record to applicants put up it is called QUALITY I have over a 95% selection rate to kit sent in and I am over 40 kits this year. I don't put in junk application or shoot for a number I turn away folks with High OARs that cannot chew gum and walk at the same time. I look at each individual as if I want to work for them if I was an E-1 E-5 E-7 Or E-8 AGAIN. If the answer is NO I make them motivate themselves to convience me I should help them. If an applicant comes to me they know if they will be selected or not and if they are not in the case of many BDCP folks I want to explain why. NOW A DIVISION ONE ATHLETE who all but ACES the ASTB and is an honor students should not be turned down. THE BDCP PROGRAM WAS MADE FOR DIVERSTIY REASONS and the PA states the same and It is taught that in OR school. I have the litterature and understand the program very well. As far as cruising the stats no one list race or ethnic on here. I may be the active duty old salt on here and for those of you not knowing that term figure it out. Do not doubt my concern for the applicants or the dislike for the stupid sytem we use to get officers in the NAVY. My conclusions are not outlandish at all and are based on FACT over the last 9 BDCP Boards for Pilot. Your ignorance and disrespect on here to me and many other folks seeking info guidance and help is often over the top and uncalled for. So if you need to call me out use the PM function look up my email or just say nothing when you know nothing. Stay in your pay grade and in your area of expertise not mine.

WHEN you speculate as you often do about an environment you don't belong you prove to be CLUELESS

Goob83

None
Didn't BDCP start as a diversity program, but then moved away from it?
Yes you are correct, but it is still billed as Diversity. you mentioned moving away I am trying to figure out if they actually have.
thank you for the positive quote.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
I had 'Caucasian' marked for Race. I was selected last year.

I really think you would have received more, and better help with a much different tone in your posts. Just a youngin' .02.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes you are missing a clue and talking out your A$$$. I understand you are not in this environment and you like causing trouble. I am one of the top OR's in the Nation. With a high select record to applicants put up it is called QUALITY I have over a 95% selection rate to kit sent in and I am over 40 kits this year. I don't put in junk application or shoot for a number I turn away folks with High OARs that cannot chew gum and walk at the same time. I look at each individual as if I want to work for them if I was an E-1 E-5 E-7 Or E-8 AGAIN. If the answer is NO I make them motivate themselves to convience me I should help them. If an applicant comes to me they know if they will be selected or not and if they are not in the case of many BDCP folks I want to explain why. NOW A DIVISION ONE ATHLETE who all but ACES the ASTB and is an honor students should not be turned down. THE BDCP PROGRAM WAS MADE FOR DIVERSTIY REASONS and the PA states the same and It is taught that in OR school. I have the litterature and understand the program very well. As far as cruising the stats no one list race or ethnic on here. I may be the active duty old salt on here and for those of you not knowing that term figure it out. Do not doubt my concern for the applicants or the dislike for the stupid sytem we use to get officers in the NAVY. My conclusions are not outlandish at all and are based on FACT over the last 9 BDCP Boards for Pilot. Your ignorance and disrespect on here to me and many other folks seeking info guidance and help is often over the top and uncalled for. So if you need to call me out use the PM function look up my email or just say nothing when you know nothing. Stay in your pay grade and in your area of expertise not mine.

WHEN you speculate as you often do about an environment you don't belong you prove to be CLUELESS

If you want respect, fill out your profile information. Otherwise, have a nice day. :D :rolleyes:

Brett

S.O.B.

pilot

Wow, you're a recruiter? When telling folks to stay in their paygrade you should avoid language that makes you sound like an airman. The initial post sounded like a question but you're response sounds as if you have all the answers. I guess I'll get back to my paygrade since this is your are of expertise. :confused:

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Let's recap, shall we:

* The original post submitted a presupposition, which has been refuted several times, and ignored.

* The original poster's response has been to condescendingly tell everyone they don't know what they are talking about - while still asking for help.

* The original poster is looking for broad demographic data on a Navy-wide program, and so he is asking for help on a website devoted to a specific Naval community...

* Shouldn't a recruiter already have all this information from reliable Navy Recruiting Command sources?

Edit: I'm not reading another block paragraph with random WORDS capitalized here and there, and no real thought given to the conventions of written English...

Goob83

None
Ok folks I am not trying to bash slander or portray any negative conversations. I just wanted to know if this site dedicated to selection of Aviation types could help me form a competitive profile of the BDCP program. CNRC writes the book but they don't have to follow the rules. I don't intend to be unprofessional or challenge any one I simply wanted a broad view of the folks selected under the BDCP program in the last few years. CNRC keeps records and stats for things like this but they are not accurate or made public to the folks on the street. We are not given reasons nor is the applicant given a reason for non select. this site is a great place for folks to learn stuff and try and understand the process. but when folks away from the enviornment for some time or have never been in it give advice it may be wrong or outdated. This is not a forum to bust my chops. I did not start this thread for this to happen. For Brett my profile is posted and I think really clear. I am hiring the folks that will serve next to you or will have to train soon. If you wish me to go find any tom dick or harry that can pass a test and has a good GPA but cannot speak english or talk to you about everyday events that would be easy. SO if we need to keep trying to be bigger and bolder than the last guy that post please just delete this thread and we can move on. If you choose to assist me in making he Navy a better service then provide positive input. Again if you guys do a search and find select stats for BDCP with race and ethnic choice you are better than I. I have done it and it is not here.

Wow, that's about the most scathing bunch of run on sentences that I've ever seen! :eek: Much ado about nothing, congratulations!

navyboy4415

I am white and I was selected for both NFO and SNA in April.

Remember the Navy selects what they NEED.

I believe my recruiter told me that spots are given out per district IE 6 spots for the Pittsburgh district. Maybe your district is overbooked? (This might not be correct information)

Just because someone is a D1 sports star and an honor student that does not show the whole picture (DUI maybe? Bad LoRs?).

Also, if he writes like you and had you grammer check his motivational speech to boot, I would not be surprised at all that he didn't get in because of that :D.

That is all.

Goob83

None
I am white and I was selected for both NFO and SNA in April.

Remember the Navy selects what they NEED.

I believe my recruiter told me that spots are given out per district IE 6 spots for the Pittsburgh district. Maybe your district is overbooked? (This might not be correct information)

Just because someone is a D1 sports star and an honor student that does not show the whole picture (DUI maybe? Bad LoRs?).

Also, if he writes like you and had you grammer check his motivational speech to boot, I would not be surprised at all that he didn't get in because of that :D.

That is all.
I see your stats on other post they are good. what year of school are you in. I think this may have something to do with it.

So everyone knows The district people apply from has nothing to do with numbers but I often wonder that when I see the results come out.

also as i posted before the applicants that apply are quality folks no bad stuff or bad history.

Well now I know two white dudes in last two years making progress

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot

I guess he'd have the same problem if you spell-checked for him.

Smiles in effect, though, I am completely behind you on this point and am scratching my head at the sentence structure, etc.

WishICouldFly

UO Future Pork Chop
Again, this has said before, but I don't think it's a matter of race.
Some things transcend race, such as...gramer, spelin', use of comas, and generul legibility.

[/sarcasm]

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
Anyways, back on topic. The point is I am sure there are plenty of people who get into this program under every possible race/ethnicitiy/gender/etc. Why do certain people get picked while others don't? No idea. I have seen some very qualified people not get selected while others with much less (at least apparent) qualifications do. I know the month I was selected I just about scraped by with just above the mins on a few things (ASTB for example) for what the board was willing to take. As they say, better to be lucky than good.