• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Carrier to be retired

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
LOL, but... the other day a former TOPGUN instructor (who bailed in the dot.com fever era) was talking to me and appeared really upset at who screened in his year group......reason that didn't occur to him: all the talent exited stage left and guess who was left? You never know....not saying that is your situation, but never say never!

I'm trying to be uncharacteristically humble, but command is definitely my primary career goal at this point. I'll let you know after DH. ;)

Brett

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
HAL,
FOS'd my first dh look. Heads up to the young'uns...first tour ep ain't enough, number one on the boat? not enough...that and 19 years in Jax!
So 3 years on the JFK it is...

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
LOL, but... the other day a former TOPGUN instructor (who bailed in the dot.com fever era) was talking to me and appeared really upset at who screened in his year group......reason that didn't occur to him: all the talent exited stage left and guess who was left? You never know....not saying that is your situation, but never say never!

Rant on....Pretty much the norm in most communities it seems. That or the good leaders don't make it and I'm not talking about me :D I've known a handful of natural leaders and good pilots get passed over for command. Sometimes those who get in the front office just boggle my mind. Couldn't lead children to the bathroom. Okay, rant off.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
temp028kt7.jpg

The picture is backwards, either that or you put your wings and nametag on wrong........;)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The picture is backwards, either that or you put your wings and nametag on wrong........;)

You're right ... or left ... or whatever .... when I digitized some old slides I evidently screwed some up .... and we know how well slides line up in the tray. Carrier pier looked O.K. and that was good enough for meeeeeeeeee .... :) But then again, it was CUBI ... and we did it our way, over there.

But the thing that really makes it all worthwhile .... is that you cared, Flash. See ... all your protestations notwithstanding ... you really do love me.

Shipmates forever .... :D

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
...attention all hands, the daily chlamydia shot line is now forming on the flight deck ramp...

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

And the carrier in the background must have been experimental island on port side design (Japanese tried that in WWII)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And the carrier in the background must have been experimental island on port side design (Japanese tried that in WWII)

I even saw a Military Channel show about carriers and their whiz-bang graphics of a carrier landing had that kind of backwards carrier. And my neighbors wonder why I shout at the TV.

Brett

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I even saw a Military Channel show about carriers and their whiz-bang graphics of a carrier landing had that kind of backwards carrier. And my neighbors wonder why I shout at the TV.

Brett

I thought that was because you are becoming a bitter old man......:D

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You're right ... or left ... or whatever .... when I digitized some old slides I evidently screwed some up .... and we know how well slides line up in the tray. Carrier pier looked O.K. and that was good enough for meeeeeeeeee .... :) But then again, it was CUBI ... and we did it our way, over there.

But the thing that really makes it all worthwhile .... is that you cared, Flash. See ... all your protestations notwithstanding ... you really do love me.

Shipmates forever .... :D

See, there you go again, confusing like for love......some people never learn......:D

Ryker044

Growing a stache just like Selleck.

Ahhhh yes, the Akagi and Hiryu. It's a shame they’re resting at the bottom of the Pacific…

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I got my bonus installment this month. There's not a bitter bone in my body. :D

Brett

So, did you run out to buy one of these?

NewBeetleCabrioYellow.jpg

Or one of these?

pink.jpg

.......with that big pile of money.........:D