• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Carrier - A 10 episode PBS Series

gotta_fly

pilot
Yeah its him. I recognize that voice anywhere. He did the lunchtime prayer a lot.

If you mean CDR Keane, he was just up at Holy Cross to speak at my lay leader training. Really good guy and great teacher, as is evidenced by the shots of his discussions with sailors.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
I'm noticing a trend with these stories, though. If they anchor on someone for more than 10 minutes at the start of an episode, something bad's going to happen to them by the end. Mrs Fester watched him talking about safety, trends, grading, being a nugget, etc, and said, "Watch...he'll get FNAEB'ed."

Didn't buck the trend tonight.

codtanker

United Airlines
pilot
It's been 8 yrs since I was on USS CVN or CV but I would agree for the most part the show hit the mark. With 5,000 or so people on board plus their stories your never going to get it all. The series would have to be 24/7 for 6 months. Or if you really want to know you would have to do a deployment. One might not be enough.

By the way what did you expect from a PBS broadcast. Their not really known to be ultra-conservative are they? Even if Mel Gibson was one of the producers.

We all know that the Hornet is a majority of the airwing but I would tend to agree it would have been nice to have seen a little more sampling. There were a few shots of the COD and Hummer, but I was really suprised not to see really any footage of all of the Prowler. Should have shown the COD bringing goodies to the boat. Maybe the football, newspaper or a pizza for the air boss. But then again who cares about the COD right?

DixieTexian

It's been 8 yrs since I was on USS CVN or CV but I would agree for the most part the show hit the mark. With 5,000 or so people on board plus their stories your never going to get it all. The series would have to be 24/7 for 6 months. Or if you really want to know you would have to do a deployment. One might not be enough.

By the way what did you expect from a PBS broadcast. Their not really known to be ultra-conservative are they? Even if Mel Gibson was one of the producers.

We all know that the Hornet is a majority of the airwing but I would tend to agree it would have been nice to have seen a little more sampling. There were a few shots of the COD and Hummer, but I was really suprised not to see really any footage of all of the Prowler. Should have shown the COD bringing goodies to the boat. Maybe the football, newspaper or a pizza for the air boss. But then again who cares about the COD right?

I did see a couple of short cuts of the prowler, but they were just seond long shots. I only saw the first four episodes, but I was looking for them because my fiance's dad rode shot gun in them.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
In high school I had the biggest crush on Tanya (the girl the airman was stressing over) she was my opso in njrotc. I thought it was pretty cruel how they caught all that drama on tape, lemoore is a pretty small town and I've already recieved several calls...

Fred

In high school I had the biggest crush on Tanya (the girl the airman was stressing over) she was my opso in njrotc. I thought it was pretty cruel how they caught all that drama on tape, lemoore is a pretty small town and I've already recieved several calls...

She is from Lemoore? I am very curious what happened with the baby.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

From her...or him? A love triangle perhaps?

Amall

Ditto. I'm curious too. I felt really awful for that AMN. I was glad to see the "filmmaker's" friend that got out and left in Austraila come back to meet him off the ship. That was a feel good part. All in all, I really enjoyed the series. There were a few episodes that I wasn't so into (with the left lean) but, the last two hours brought it all together in a positive light.

KALDTW

Ditto. I'm curious too. I felt really awful for that AMN. I was glad to see the "filmmaker's" friend that got out and left in Austraila come back to meet him off the ship. That was a feel good part. All in all, I really enjoyed the series. There were a few episodes that I wasn't so into (with the left lean) but, the last two hours brought it all together in a positive light.

I was glad to see that too...especially since the dude like disappeared in Perth.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator

..........so.....ahh.....you the father??

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
She is married right now to ex boyfriend (also a high school friend) who is now a youth minister, and the baby girl is beautiful and healthy...

And a little extra info; her dad is a retired gunner who is pretty active in the AAO, so life wasn't fun for the AMN... moral of the story watch your daughters around ordies...