• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Carrier - A 10 episode PBS Series

clonei09

Just watched the 30 min preview. The series looks fantastic, this really is true reality tv. The series is on a whole different level than any other documentary that I've seen on the navy. Admiral Daly was the CO of the carrier strike group on that deployment and is an alum of my school. He spoke at the commissioning in spring of 06 and mentioned that there was a camera crew that lived aboard the ship for the whole deployment and that their footage was going to be great. I had always wondered where and when that footage was going to come out and now two years later I see that this is what he was talking about and it really is some great stuff.

Raptor2216

I watched the preview as well and I sure wasn't shocked that PBS managed to make an issue of "gay rights". In fact, they are devoting a whole episode to the topic. On the bright side, they also have another episode devoted to the "cool people"...the pilots that is. Even with its deficiencies, it should be a good series.

Gator NFO

former TACAMO NFO
None
I was on this Nimitz deployment when the ICON crew filmed us. It'll be interesting to see what actually made it to the final cut they show on PBS. The film crew was every where on the ship and even filmed while we were on liberty. I'm hoping the Navy doesn't get a black eye from this project because some things were better off not being shown on tape. In the end a lot of us ended up being friends with the producers and film crew assigned to us in Air Dept. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Dingobat

Guess she don't like the Cornbread either...
I watched the preview as well and I sure wasn't shocked that PBS managed to make an issue of "gay rights". In fact, they are devoting a whole episode to the topic. On the bright side, they also have another episode devoted to the "cool people"...the pilots that is. Even with its deficiencies, it should be a good series.

Gay rights issues and 5,000 men on a warship in the middle of the ocean? Great, I can already see smirks forming on the faces of AF types already.

Screw 'em!

dodge

You can do anything once.
pilot
I'm waiting for the documentary on a-pool. However, this looks liks it'll be a good watch in the interim.

Goob83

None
WOW it finally is gonna come out WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS THIS WAS TO HELP MAKE. The film crew and directors were in and out of spaces and requesting assets left and right. We supported them 100% to make this reality so it should be pretty good.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
This should be great TV - and I totally dig the fact that it looks at life on the boat from all angles - and looks at sailors as people where they came from, what they want, etc.

"The boat is like high school" - awesome quote

Good stuff