• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Carrier - A 10 episode PBS Series

GroundPounder

She is married right now to ex boyfriend (also a high school friend) who is now a youth minister, and the baby girl is beautiful and healthy...

And a little extra info; her dad is a retired gunner who is pretty active in the AAO, so life wasn't fun for the AMN... moral of the story watch your daughters around ordies...

As the last two hours played out, I was hoping that in the end that the baby would not be his. He would have been upset then, but I imagine that now it would be funny to look back on. Its amazing how something that is so clear, ( the girl having no desire to be with him ), can be so ambigious when you're out of contact with someone. I would imagine that there had to be hours of footage not used that showed his friends telling him that she was a bitch, and had no plans on doing anything other than what she did.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Yep. Been there, done that minus the preggers. If you ain't 100% sure where you stand with a gal before you deploy, break it off. It's not worth the agonizing you're gonna do out there WHEN (not if) she gets herself a new guy. It's a hard lesson, and I guarantee that AMN won't make that mistake again.

That said, it really is too bad for the guy. Hopefully he doesn't wind up resenting all the attention the show gave him.

B

Blutonski816

Yeah, I was kinda rootin' for the Ordie too, hoping everything would work out for him, although knowing what happened to a lot of the sailors who got their 15 mins in of fame I kinda knew his story was gonna have a bittersweet ending...
Sucks, but that's the harsh reality of a life like that... I honestly hope he's doin' allright today...

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
I don't think he is resenting the attention the show gave him... he just changed his myspace handle to ''Carrier(c) Chris''

st1977

I don't think he is resenting the attention the show gave him... he just changed his myspace handle to ''Carrier(c) Chris''
He wrote a really nice note to Tanya on her myspace page though just a few days ago, telling her that he's still there for her and the series is old news.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
He wrote a really nice note to Tanya on her myspace page though just a few days ago, telling her that he's still there for her and the series is old news.
Yup, I think J- is gonna grow up loved by all involved, but what I originally was lamenting was that they brought up three year old emotions and aired it all on tv, so that people will start doing... this.

Raptor2216

I'm sorry but this kid needs to pull his head out of his ass and dump this chick on the curb...something he should have done when he was on the boat. He's a classic example of people treating you just as you let them. He put up with her BS for the 6 months he was on the boat only to come back to be dumped. If someone can't be honest then there really isn't any need to associate with them...and this chick is the perfect example.

flynsail

pilot
I'm sorry but this kid needs to pull his head out of his ass and dump this chick on the curb...something he should have done when he was on the boat. He's a classic example of people treating you just as you let them. He put up with her BS for the 6 months he was on the boat only to come back to be dumped. If someone can't be honest then there really isn't any need to associate with them...and this chick is the perfect example.

Yeah, and cut off all ties to your child...sounds like a plan :confused:

Raptor2216

Yeah, and cut off all ties to your child...sounds like a plan :confused:

I never said anything about cutting off ties with the kid...isn't that what the courts are for? I wasn't aware that one has to put with crap from the mother in order to keep ties with the kid.

flynsail

pilot
I never said anything about cutting off ties with the kid...isn't that what the courts are for? I wasn't aware that one has to put with crap from the mother in order to keep ties with the kid.

You're right, going to court is probably an emotional/mental win for everyone involved...especially a child.

Raptor2216

You're right, going to court is probably an emotional/mental win for everyone involved...especially a child.

I don't even think the kid is his...at the very least he should have done some tests and not just taken her word for it. When you have one parent that is involved with the ex while the father of her baby is on a boat in the middle of the ocean, you have more to worry about than just the problems caused by courts....but what do I know?

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
Yep. Been there, done that minus the preggers. If you ain't 100% sure where you stand with a gal before you deploy, break it off. It's not worth the agonizing you're gonna do out there WHEN (not if) she gets herself a new guy. It's a hard lesson, and I guarantee that AMN won't make that mistake again.

Yeah I can second that. I learned the same lesson when I was living in Napoli for six months and I came back to find my exgirl engaged to another guy. However I ended up getting the better end of the deal because Im not having to pay her 80k in student loans!