• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bye Bye Buckeye

B

Blutonski816

great link....

BTW, that stud is 33??
He must have had one hell of an age waiver...
(or do prior enlisted types not need one?)

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
Do you think the Buckeyes will be available for sale? I know in the past, civilian companies and individuals have purchased former military jets (L-39s, A-4s, MiG-21s, even F-4s). Hell I even saw an ad on eBay for a used Fishbed in California. Shame to see them in AZ just collecting dust and being stripped of engines and avionics. They are not on par with the Eastern 72s and Northwest 74s they will be sharing a parking lot with. I might like to have a couple. :D

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Do you think the Buckeyes will be available for sale? I know in the past, civilian companies and individuals have purchased former military jets (L-39s, A-4s, MiG-21s, even F-4s). Hell I even saw an ad on eBay for a used Fishbed in California. Shame to see them in AZ just collecting dust and being stripped of engines and avionics. They are not on par with the Eastern 72s and Northwest 74s they will be sharing a parking lot with. I might like to have a couple. :D

It seems unlikely for now.

The aircraft will be sent to Arizona's Davis Monthan Air Force Base, affectionately nicknamed "The Boneyard," said Lt. Cmdr., Doug Drew, commanding officer of the VT-86 reserve training unit.

B

Blutonski816

I know of a privately owned buckeye in CA....
Don't know if it's flying yet...

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
I've seen a privately owned T-2 land here at Lemoore a few months ago. Not sure if it's the same guy that you are talking about.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
There are several privately owned T-2's and A-4's, formerly of TRACOM lineage, arcing around the country as we speak.

B

Blutonski816

^can't find a pic, but IIRC, it had VF-126 stenciled above the tailpipes, and the nose said OOC (for Out Of Control)....

EDIT: NVM, Single Seat's cleared up the issue for us.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
A couple interesting errors in the article (I assume they meant the CDR was CO of the reserve component of VT-86, since it is an active duty sqdn, and of course the pilot's wings vs NFO wings that the JG in the article received). Either way, sad to see it leave. I'm glad I got to be in P'cola when they were still flying....always wanted to go for a ride in one.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Is there any part of the FO syllabus where strike guys go to the boat, or is the hook on the buckeye a holdover from the days of CQ before the t-45?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
i didn't know 16s could do a field arrestment. i just thought they smashed the BAK whatever barrier at the end of the runway like the -38s at vance did once a day.

learn something new everyday.