• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bye Bye Buckeye

HuggyU2

None
Too bad to see it go. I got an orientation flight in a T-2 at Meridian, and the pilot was qualified for "out-of-control flight" (is that the right term?). We spun and tumbled it, and it was a lot of fun. My landing passes were not up to "boat standard", but I showed minimal improvement at least. Basically, not bad for a guy who likes to flare. :D

Don't know about a T-2 in SoCal. Doc Sugden has an immaculate T-2 up in Idaho, and you'll see it on the airshow and Reno Race circuit.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Too bad to see it go. I got an orientation flight in a T-2 at Meridian, and the pilot was qualified for "out-of-control flight" (is that the right term?). We spun and tumbled it, and it was a lot of fun. My landing passes were not up to "boat standard", but I showed minimal improvement at least. Basically, not bad for a guy who likes to flare. :D

Don't know about a T-2 in SoCal. Doc Sugden has an immaculate T-2 up in Idaho, and you'll see it on the airshow and Reno Race circuit.
There are 2 civilian T-2's. OCF...yep that is the correct term. The T-2 is a heck of a ride in that mode. "Not bad for a guy who likes to flare"= LIG HX TMPIM \IC LOBAR EGTL......... POWER! Bolter! Bolter! Bolter!......Cut pass:D

Hursel110

None
The j.g mentioned in the article and I were in boot camp and "A" school together back in 1998. I never saw him again, till the day we both showed up at NASC. Just goes to show that it's a small Navy. If you're reading this Dave, congrats on the wings!

Brian

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No issues with a 33 YO NFO....I was 32 when I got my wings. Like Hursel said above, he's a prior....and it's pretty common.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Crowbar

None
Got winged at 30, and wasn't the oldest, Navy or Marine, in the squadron.

I posted some T-2 pictures earlier but they didn't look right. If I have time I'll see if I can fix them and put them back up.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you REALLY want some T-2 photos...I'll take my camera out to the flight line and snap some photos.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Crowbar

None
"MoMo" took this one with a disposable camera. Italian student over Tampa Bay:
diegoweps3smaw2.jpg

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
The Waterbugs (20) still have Buckeyes? :confused:

I thought 86 and TPS were the only ones left (And TPS only had 1 or 2, tops remaining if not gone already)?
I thought they were gone also......hence TPS guys going to NAS Pcola for their T-2 NATOPS checks.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
VT-86 will be flying about THREE T-2's to Pax while the rest go to the BONE yard.

-ea6bflyr ;)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
VT-86 will be flying about THREE T-2's to Pax while the rest go to the BONE yard.

-ea6bflyr ;)
They should move the T-2 boneyard to Pax to simplify cannibalizing for parts . . :icon_tong

I'm sure the humidity wouldn't help.

Cabbage

None
I thought 86 and TPS were the only ones left (And TPS only had 1 or 2, tops remaining if not gone already)?

TPS Class 130 (2006/7) was the last class to fly the T-2. They now use the T-6 for that portion of the curriculum.

VX-20's T-2 was removed from mothball status to provide safety chase for the E-2D and eventually the P-8. It is funded for at least 2 more years.