• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Boost 22FEB09

53Crewman

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Alternate
I haven't yet, but I am having medical give it to personnel tomorrow. I figured they did such a good job of getting my package down there, that they could manage this task as well.. I am in a hospital in Maryland at the moment (wife just had our baby boy last night) so I really have no other choice.

k_smittay

First, congrats to big iron crewman. And second, call Ed Straten, he will most likely let you fax everything to him. I think that is how I did it, it is quick and you can call 15 min later to verify everything was recieved.

CTT1 D

ENS D
ok, have my SNA physical complete, and am waiting on my acceptance letter, but how do i go about mailing my physical paperwork in? Does there have to be an attached document, or do i just throw it in an envelope and send it off to OD2? I was going to try to get personnel to mail it for me. save some pennies on postage and all that. has anyone else done that?

P'cola will accept scanned copies of your paperwork attached to an email as well.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
ok, have my SNA physical complete, and am waiting on my acceptance letter, but how do i go about mailing my physical paperwork in? Does there have to be an attached document, or do i just throw it in an envelope and send it off to OD2? I was going to try to get personnel to mail it for me. save some pennies on postage and all that. has anyone else done that?

I took my completed SNA physical and acceptance letter to Staples. They scanned everything and put it onto my flash drive. Then, I emailed it directly to Ed as an attachment. He responded with a "Received, thanks". Then sign onto the STA website and ensure it was updated.

53Crewman, Congrats!!!! That is really cool. Welcome to the world of fatherhood (if this is your first anyways). Best of luck to you and your family!

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
I turned the last of my paperwork in today, does any of the 08 guys know how long after all your paperwork is in will your orders get cut?

tribeach1184

CU Buffalo
A big note guys, If they ask you to do a stool sample for your commissioning physical tell them you don't need it. I did my physical today and was told that I needed to provide a stool sample. However, I went to see the Doc after I turned it in and he went nuts that someone had made me provide that. Oh the joys of Navy Medicine; but, the physical is turned in just waiting on acceptance letters. CONGRATS 52Crewman!!!

haubby

None
Contributor
I turned the last of my paperwork in today, does any of the 08 guys know how long after all your paperwork is in will your orders get cut?

Good on ya for getting everything turned in. Orders won't be cut for anyone till Mid-January. Take er easy for the next couple months, enjoy it and don't screw up.

AmericanRiver

Bigfoot Slam Dunk Rainmaker
physical

How long after your physical is recieved will it take for the sta 21 app to show recieved and qualified?

For some reason I thought it was automatic last year. My physical was delivered by certified mail on Monday.

Has anyone from last year done an order mod? I have heard of a Univ that will provide a acceptance letter and degree plan within a week. Is it easy enough to transfer once your preffered school gets there long drawn out process done around december?

jbuck387

pilot
You may want to call, I sent my physical certified mail and my status changed the next day.

How long after your physical is recieved will it take for the sta 21 app to show recieved and qualified?

For some reason I thought it was automatic last year. My physical was delivered by certified mail on Monday.

Has anyone from last year done an order mod? I have heard of a Univ that will provide a acceptance letter and degree plan within a week. Is it easy enough to transfer once your preffered school gets there long drawn out process done around december?

jake954

Question about alternates

I am an alternate for Core and have sent all of my required info (physical, HIV results, Acceptance, degree plan etc.). Does anyone know from previous years experience if those who were alternates were told like a week ahead of time or a month before NSI or Boost? I'm shooting from the hip on this one. Any valid info would be helpful.

jbuck387

pilot
sweet physical was approved by BUMED today, now waiting on NOMI and then my orders!

AmericanRiver

Bigfoot Slam Dunk Rainmaker
Has anybody received official notification of your program start date via Navy letter yet?
Mine came yesterday. It was sent addressed to me but via my commands address instead of the address I submitted on my STA application. They forwarded it to me. I would check with your admin