• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blue & Gold Officer available

phrogpilot73

How the hell did you get in with a 1.96 GPA? I I had less than a 2.0, I couldn't play sports. You can't get in to a state college in CA if you have less than a 2.0, let alone the Academy...
That's what you're assuming... I am proof that it is possible. 1.96 GPA, 1200 on the SAT's, prior enlisted and a semester at a state school where I got a 3.4 and made the Dean's list, and 4 applications (shows desire). That's how it's done. Not the straight line method in any stretch of the imagination, but it worked for me... Truth be told, I needed the 3 years of maturing time before I went there. I wouldn't have finished had I not.

JTB7

What's wrong with that?

neither of which even graduated HS.
They never graduated HS and managed to get into NAPS

That's what you're assuming... I am proof that it is possible. 1.96 GPA, 1200 on the SAT's, prior enlisted and a semester at a state school where I got a 3.4 and made the Dean's list, and 4 applications (shows desire). That's how it's done. Not the straight line method in any stretch of the imagination, but it worked for me... Truth be told, I needed the 3 years of maturing time before I went there. I wouldn't have finished had I not.

Nice. How did you spend only a summer at a state school?

hooyah28

please help.

I'm going to be a junior this year, and I am very active my my school's NJROTC unit and am extremely interested in attending the United States Naval Academy. I'm not sure who my local Blue and Gold Officer is or how I can contact them. I met a Blue and Gold Officer who was the doc at my mini boot camp, but since it was still a boot camp, I didnt really have much time to speak with him. Can you please help me with either admissions or finding my local Blue and Gold Officer?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I'm going to be a junior this year, and I am very active my my school's NJROTC unit and am extremely interested in attending the United States Naval Academy. I'm not sure who my local Blue and Gold Officer is or how I can contact them. I met a Blue and Gold Officer who was the doc at my mini boot camp, but since it was still a boot camp, I didnt really have much time to speak with him. Can you please help me with either admissions or finding my local Blue and Gold Officer?

Here is a link to the admissions page: http://www.usna.edu/Admissions/

If you dig around the USNA site I think you can find a list of Blue and Gold officers.

ReconJos

Female Penguin Emeritus
None
Oddly enough, the list of BGOs is NOT available on the USNA website (I have no idea why). You can find contact information for your area coordinator (AC) here

http://www.usna.com/SSLPage.aspx?&pid=433&srcid=425

and the AC will be able to put you in contact with the BGO assigned to your high school.

Have you already submitted your pre-candidate questionnaire? If not, you need to get started on that ASAP (and that IS available on the USNA Admissions site). Once they determine whether you are competitive for an appointment (based on your GPA and SAT/ACT scores) they will assign you a candidate number and you will be designated an official candidate. At that point, you will show up in the BGO database; your BGO *should* contact you at that time.

All that being said, if you can get your BGO's info from your Area Coordinator, there is absolutely nothing wrong with contacting him or her first!!

Good luck - if you have any more questions, feel free to PM me. I've been a BGO for over a year now and am happy to help.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
All an interested candidate has to do is fill out the initial interest app on line. You can do that even before you complete your junior year. Once you complete your junior year, or if you already have, your name and initial info will be sent to your assigned BGO. He will contact you. At some point you will also be informed of his name and contact info, just in case he is slow getting to you.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Hooya,

Also remember that some BGOs are more proactive than others. I applied several times and my BGO changed throughout that process. The first one was very proactive, contacted me, helped me through the process, etc. The second BGO I dealt with was a lot more hands off and though he was available for questions, didnt take me by the hand. Be respectful when talking with them because they can be a great resource and really help your chances of getting in, but dont expect them to do all the ground work. And dont be afraid to ask them, or the BGOs here, for assistance in your application process.