• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blue & Gold Officer available

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Call up there and ask about NAPS. If they know you want NAPS if the academy direct isn't happening you just might get it. Your desire to go USNA no matter what it takes can go along way. There is also foundation prep which pays for you to go to another prep school and if you do well there you go to the academy. If you want to go to USNA look at it from all angles. We also had alot of guys that did NROTC for a year and transfered to USNA with favorable grades. If you don't give up you can get there. Just ask Phrogpilot about what it can take. Good luck!

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
Fondation strikes me as a really sweet deal. I almost wish they'd put me on that 5 year plan.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Remember it is possible the B&G Officer you run into did not attend USNA and maybe visited the campus once or twice for an orientation briefing.

Make sure he really knows his stuff...he could be a grad's parent doing it for fun.

It's your future.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Remember it is possible the B&G Officer you run into did not attend USNA and maybe visited the campus once or twice for an orientation briefing.

Make sure he really knows his stuff...he could be a grad's parent doing it for fun.

It's your future.

So true. Take me for instance. I didn't attend the Academy, so I tell all sorts of lies to make up for it. I'm your worse nightmare, former recruiter from the bad 'ol days of the '80s when we used the hard sell and had no scruples. Schnugg will be able to pick my plebes out of the indoc formation because they will show up with beach blankets, flip flops, IPODS. coolers of beer, and pockets of condoms. :D

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm surprised people had bad experiences. My BGO was a retired Captain and he did everything he possibly could to get me in. When I had to call him to tell him they were revoking my LOA on a medical disqualification I think he was more sad than I was.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, mine was great, too. Had a lot of info/stories to tell. There is always a regional one that's in charge of the local BG officers so if you have problems with yours, talk to either admissions or the recruiting command (not a satellite location, I mean like main headquarters). They should hook you up.

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
Mine was a sweet old lady who's kids had long since graduated. She was great.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I'm surprised people had bad experiences. My BGO was a retired Captain and he did everything he possibly could to get me in. When I had to call him to tell him they were revoking my LOA on a medical disqualification I think he was more sad than I was.

How much influence do you honestly think your BGO gives you?...

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor

I know you aren't asking me this question, but I don't understand what you are asking. I thought CommodoreMid was just trying to say his BGO was very helpful and invested in him becoming a MIDN. He said this to counter some of the previous statements.

MrSaturn

Contributor

I didnt ever have a Blue and Gold Officer. I talked to an USAFA type though convinced me not to do that...

picture2yb4.png

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I'll keep that in mind for when I care.

OH SNAP! Your BG officer is a big link to you for the Academy, however it is not the only one. They're basically a way for the Academy to see what you're like in person without actually having to send people from school.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Evidently I miss-read your post, but here is what I was going off of:

My BGO was a retired Captain and he did everything he possibly could to get me in.

What I was getting at is that your BGO has VERY little impact on whether you are accepted or not.