• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blackwater guys on the rooftop in Najaf

Corporations serve for the good of their corporation not the good of the country. The military exists to serve the better good of this country regardless of the cost. These mercs are a bastardization of a professional military. Corporations should not be allowed to have this kind of authority. IMHO, only people who take an oath to defend this country should be in combat in Iraq. Oh, and I took a pay cut to join the military so I don't want to hear the argument that we are all here for the money because the money is not very good. Some people really want to defend mercs because they hire ex military or because they have friends on the payroll but that still does not legitimize corporate mercenaries.

I took an Oath too. But it wasn't needed and when my service had officialy ended? Nothing changed.

Just to jump in here... a lot of the contractors working overseas are retired from many of the above organizations mentioned (DOD and the other 3 letter ones)- How do you think they got their special skill sets and experience in the first place? The ones I know aren't looking to do this stuff as a second career- some like being where the action is, while others like the idea of making some good money to make things a little more comfortable in retirement. Whats going to happen when things settle down over there and the jobs dry up? They are going to just go back into retirement and sit on the nestege they've collected.

Someone questioned earlier why they just don't expand the military to do the missions the contractors are doing... simple: would take waaaaaaaay to long for individuals to gain the skills and experience to do the job they need to be done right now. And when that job goes away then what- have another drawdown where they kick 10,000s of servicemembers to the curb???

Yes, people can be blinded by money but before you refer to them all as mercenaries remember that many of the contractors have put in more time defending this country and our way of life then many of the people here and are continuing to do so in a different fashion. Is the system flawed in some respects- of course but its no different then the other programs that stood up after 9/11.

Thank you Sir.

Wow....800meters.....damn!

Given the tone of many of these posts, Im especially appreciative Sir.

My primary sniper Troy H. was exposing himself to incoming fire to get good geometry and make those hits. Every savage who made it off the field alive, returned for the next assault. Troy was his brother's keeper that day.

He wasnt technically apart of my team. He was the Ambassador's Counter-Sniper and jumped on a littlebird to come join the fight. Of his own accord.

Sure, I break some of the laws above but I have paid for them in the past, and they ain't murder or assault. Part of the problem with contractors overseas is that it is rarely clear whose laws they are answerable too, they have immunity in Iraq right now thanks to the Coalition Provisional Authority.

As for criticizing me for sitting in an air conditioned office in DC and never seeing my work first hand, how is sitting in a tiki bar on the beach any different? Like you, I have friends and work colleagues who have been 'over there' and seen there handiwork up close and personal. We have debates about contractors/torture and all the other latest niceties when it comes to the war on terrorism. Most of the guys I know who have been 'over there' have very low opininions of contractors in the field "The Blackwater guys are a bunch of arrogant cowboys", "they don't follow any rules". On th eother hand, some of them are now working as contractors.

It does not change the fact that I have not seen my handiwork up close, just from 25,000 ft. But it also doesn't change the fact that very few on this board have seen this kind of thing in a combat zone firsthand, not including you A4s. So we could debate this until the cows come home but obviously it will change no ones mind. Just don't be suprised that it comes back to bite us in the a$% sooner or later.

Moraly shameful behavior on the battlefield isnt new or limited to any skillset.

Accidents happen, mistakes are made.

My human decency, moral fiber, and dignity did not go into my seabag at my EAOS

Ide say quality control and high standards at the front door are key to most any profession.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Welcome to airwarriors and all, but good god dude this thread died two months ago.

What's the IA for a near ambush? Come on guys, just show why they should leave this stuff to the real professionals.

One of the men killed in that ambush was Jay Hunt. Jay left two children behind. A veteran of Mogadishu, Somalia in 1993 with the 3rd Ranger BN, he'd gone on to Special Forces. Quietly serving. He completed to two tours in Afghanistan running rebels on raids against Taliban loyals in the Kunnar.

He was highly regarded by his peers, I had and would roll out with him anytime, anywhere. He was a consummate professional.

The PKM round tore open his pelvis and opening the femoral artery.

Listen to the video closely, you OWE it to him. His last words"Im hit in the femoral,done. Push me up"

He'd informed his teammate that he'd received an unsurvivable wound, "push me up" was him asking J.Y. to roll him over onto his RPK. Jay Hunt's last act on this Earth was sending lead to the enemy until too weak.

Let the video run to the very end. You will hear clearly, his last labored breathes.

He knew the IA for near ambush. Same as Capt. Speicher knew how to do his job. But ambushes happen. Ive been caught in two myself. Handed out a few. Its the nature of the Fight.

We all deal with CNN, Hillary and the shitbird across the street who thinks his hybrid car will end all wars.

I cant say anyone has managed to hurt my feelings yet until I read your post, and worse when I read your profile.

All things being equal, those men died on foreign soil at the hands of the enemy.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey I wasn't trying to sound like a dick, and so I apologize if I came across that way. It just seems like an "old" thread to dig up and spam with a ton of new posts. I'm not talking negatively about what's in your posts...

Sorry for sounding crass... I'm standing duty.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Bull Shit. You are completely IN line. First hand knowledge of an event is always an education.

Stay safe and come back.

Seriously. These last several posts were far better than all the Bull and speculation from the last couple months. We make a big deal about people using the search function and then lock down their threads when they repost, but this guy used the search function and then debunked all the bullshit. BZ.

Thank you for the info, and more importantly thank you for your service.

skidz

adrenaline junky
I agree with Hal and kmac, stay here and continue posting. First hand knowledge is always better. Thanks for your service and your support of our troops on the ground.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Roger That.Im completely out of line, wont happen again.
NEGATIVE!!! NO YOU ARE NOT OUT OF LINE, F.Y.I.

We have lots of fools, wannabe's, and even some commissioned fool/ignoramuses on this website --- and they have never done shit nor will they ever do shit in the service of their country other than put on the uniform, collect a paycheck, go sit in some A/C'ed office, and then think "what wonders I (they) have done ...."

And that's the truth ....

They have never seen friends die ... they will never taste the sour puke-like fear of impending death in the back of their mouth .... they just shoot off their mouths. Over and over and over again ....

Stay onboard, let us know the 'real deal' to the max extent you can ... I appreciate it and so do most of the other members herein ...

That's all ..... Shipmate.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Since I started all this mess, I wanted to add that I opened my mouth before reading all the posts. I just scrolled down and saw post after post from the same guy. So yes, negative rep for me.

And if you ever need a platform to jump from.......