• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Being the FNG (Surviving rites of passage in your first squadron)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's freaking gay. SDO here is all RPs.

Might have something to do with the fact that the VP guys have to learn tactics (and don't try to tell me that what little there is to the HSC tactical stuff even compares). There's more to Naval Aviation than a NATOPS qual and "rocks & blocks." ;)

Brett

Bevo16

pilot
Might have something to do with the fact that the VP guys have to learn tactics (and don't try to tell me that what little there is to the HSC tactical stuff even compares). There's more to Naval Aviation than a NATOPS qual and "rocks & blocks." ;)

And there is a lot more to HSC than "rocks and blocks".

These guys might have to crack a TACMAN from time to time.

n593931181_1545570_5687856.jpg

MasterBates

We had Tactics in the HSL RAG.. (way more of that than stickmonkey shit) stood SDO.

VAW-120 has CAT-1 RPs and SNFO/Cat-1 NFO stand SDO.. Tactics for the FO side (pilots, not that much).

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
It's ok, the not standing duty coolness is balanced out by the mando PT gayness.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And there is a lot more to HSC than "rocks and blocks".

These guys might have to crack a TACMAN from time to time.

n593931181_1545570_5687856.jpg

1. They ain't doin' that in the HSC RAG.
2. They ARE doin' lots of tactically complex events in the VP-30 syllabus
3. You're not going to convince me that it is comparable.
4. Good day. :D

Brett

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I wonder if they still call the tactics phase for Cat I pilots at VP-30 "slack-dicks"....
Really never got into the meat and potatos P-3 tactical stuff until about a year in the fleet squadron....up until then, it was systems, systems, systems....
I think even for the new NFOs at 30 get a very cursory introduction to ASW/ISR. Maybe it's changed in the past couple years.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Nope, still the "Hey this is tactics, but don't worry about it since you'll learn it all at your squadron anyway."

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Sounds like your set-up is gay. Tough shit.

That's what I meant, despite how you read it. Of course "tough shit". I'm still a JO. I bitch. Not to ops, but among other JOs, and in this case... through the barely anonymous medium of AW. :D