• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Being the FNG (Surviving rites of passage in your first squadron)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So where do HSC PQMs get their LVL I "qual"?

Every platform's ACTC syllabus includes a Lvl I qual for the RAG - that's how the system is designed. I'm not arguing that HSC has zero tactics, but it's certainly less intensive than VP.

Brett

Pags

N/A
pilot
Strike Level I is completed after doing two day terfs. I would be uber suprised if they carried Hellfire in the rag.

Every platform's ACTC syllabus includes a Lvl I qual for the RAG - that's how the system is designed. I'm not arguing that HSC has zero tactics, but it's certainly less intensive than VP.

Brett

I'm not too up on the current HSC RAG syllabus, but one of our CAT-Others came back the other day and was talking about CATM-Xs, FLIR-Xs, ASE sims, etc. Sure, it's all LVL I, but it sounds like they're getting exposed to the capabilities of the MH-60S Blk 3b, regardless of whether they're going to a CVW or EXP squadron.

It's been three years since the RAG but it sounds like it's becoming a fair bit more than just a NATOPS check, ships, and rocks and blocks.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Another tid-bit of advice on surviving your fleet squadron:

If you're one of those guys that gets promoted to 0-3 two months into the fleet and think you don't have to listen to anyone...you're wrong and will get your bag smashed.

We've have a couple of douche bags that pinned on Capt 1-3 months after leaving the FRS and all of a sudden their shit doesn't stink. I don't get it. How can you justify acting like "Mr Cool" with only 290 total hours and zero quals? Talk about destroying your own reputation...

Pags

N/A
pilot
Another tid-bit of advice on surviving your fleet squadron:

If you're one of those guys that gets promoted to 0-3 two months into the fleet and think you don't have to listen to anyone...you're wrong and will get your bag smashed.

We've have a couple of douche bags that pinned on Capt 1-3 months after leaving the FRS and all of a sudden their shit doesn't stink. I don't get it. How can you justify acting like "Mr Cool" with only 290 total hours and zero quals? Talk about destroying your own reputation...
Rank means nothing amongst JOPA....quals/designations on the other hand....

We've had a few LTJG HACs...and a few LT 2Ps (I was one myself). I've also seen LT 2Ps try and pull rank amongst the 2Ps. From the HAC perspective, all 2Ps are equal.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Rank means nothing amongst JOPA....

Yep... about all it's good for is maybe the DHs look to the senior guy to be the head cat-herder of JOPA, aka the "Colt." (Although every squadron/ship/battalion/command/whatever is different and YMMV.)

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Rank means nothing amongst JOPA....quals/designations on the other hand....

We've had a few LTJG HACs...and a few LT 2Ps (I was one myself). I've also seen LT 2Ps try and pull rank amongst the 2Ps. From the HAC perspective, all 2Ps are equal.

Ya I've got plenty of buddies who are gonna be LT in a year or so and just starting the RAG, in addition to some lat Xsfers who are LTs going through the RAG, and then guys like me where I'm just putting on JG and halfway through. I'll be a LTJG HAC, or damn near a FNAEB.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Ya, I have no idea. I thought it took like a year to 18mos tops to make HAC?

It SHOULD. But that depends on how quickly you can get 500hrs and get through your syllabus. Which depends a lot on how quickly you cruise, aircraft availability, and flight hours.

Remember how I said 3710 had other things in it? One of those is the 24mo limit in making HAC. Some squadrons have training instructions that make it shorter (mine was 18mo).

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
It SHOULD. But that depends on how quickly you can get 500hrs and get through your syllabus. Which depends a lot on how quickly you cruise, aircraft availability, and flight hours.

Remember how I said 3710 had other things in it? One of those is the 24mo limit in making HAC. Some squadrons have training instructions that make it shorter (mine was 18mo).

I think 18 months is pretty much standard across the board, just so they build in a buffer in cases like you said, flight hours, cruising, etc, or if someone is struggling.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

I know. I have the 3710.7T in electronic format and I looked up that very 24mo limit before making my post. I DO read through it from time to time. ;)

Speaking of which, when is the U change coming?